2 Md's

hi folks… i got the whole lot, then I sold the AR … left with MM A4 OT and MD uw+ …

since day 1 with the MD I have been fantasizing about 2 MDs as a little team for the ultimate fuckery …

when I work with the CTL machines, I would like to sometimes send a KIT from one MD to the other, and play it simultaneously not altered, to leave the bade drum intact for example, where on the other MD the BD is muted and the other sounds are magled …

what am I not thinking of?

has anybody every done that?

who has the same dream?

Sample the kick on your OT.
:angry: F yeah, get two MD’s :angry:

hehee .,… : P !

I see no reason why that wouldn’t work… (and be pretty awesome too)
I actually did have a MK1 and a Mk2 together for a short while. Sadly I didn’t explore the possibilities in depth before they both got sold for a UW+

Personal preference I guess…since getting my OT I’ve thought more about selling my MD and getting a second OT. I guess it’s all in how you use it, but I find I use fewer and fewer MD tracks as my hardware collection grows, and I could probably do just fine with using tracks 1-8 for one purpose, and 9-16 for another within the same kit (although less convenient with the CTRL-AL machines). Having a second OT dedicated to drums would invite all sorts of fuckery tho.

I don’t see any reason why what you are proposing wouldn’t work tho.

hey mezz and accent … thanks for your thoughts … i am not proposing that it wouldnt work … without going into too much detail … now I shall elaborate a bit …

— no I actually dont … uuuh, cant decide … too early … just sipping coffee… 7:12 a.m. here … shouldnt try to post things that early … i will come back later …

thanks so far

Sounds like you have a generalized case of G.A.S. !!!

Why not just use your OT to either sample certain sounds dry, or route the sounds you want to be mangled from the CD/EF outs of the MD, to the INPUTs of the OT to be processed in the OT? Then you can spend your money on something totally different.

I had 2 MD’s at one point- did some weird stuff in different tempos and track lengths… didn’t need two though, what I needed was a better sequencer.

Had 2 monomachines too…

GAS me? never … :imp: … reason why I want to keep the OT out of the way is the CTL machines … every time when I sample something from the MD into the OT, I feel immediately ( !!! ) limited to the OTs mangabilities (which I imho find calmer than the MD / often not always …
thanks freefall… and, btw, you try to not get GAS with the xmas sales left and right …hehhee

coool… first person with 2 MDs … did you ever send sysex from 1 MD to the other while playing live ? did that work?
you said you needed a better sequencer, what did you settle for if I may ask?
thanks for your post tib!

No sysex, just a start command. If I remember right it was during my song mode period… one MD freaking out, the other doing a more regular thing around it (ie fixed tempo). Also did stuff with them clocked differently with different divisions and track lengths It was fairly fun but soon realised I didnt need two MD’s to do that - a cirklon or a P3* would get me there, which is how I went in the end, after doing more with monomachine (arps). Schrittmacher was always on my list too.

• Im selling one!

interesting to hear! … good luck with the sales …thx