2 synth techno setup

Always happy to see the return of the trolley!

2 Likes

I’m not joking. With a 4 year old and now a 6 day old, a trolley is clearly my best option.

1 Like

Ive been working with Syntakt + a two voice Eurorack.

If I’d drop one of the voices from my rack it would be

• Syntakt + Loquelic Iteritas Percido

But for a two synth setup I think I would just go

• Syntakt + Rytm

Yep, it’ll slide most of the way back if you want it to. It’s pretty adjustable too.

1 Like

What have you got going on here?
What’s your routing?

(Akai Force, LPP and iPad I mean btw)

Those cables look nice too.

No ‘my bad’ - stick to your guns. I agree with you :stuck_out_tongue:

Syntakt, Blackbox.

it’s all I’ve got for now and I try to do some techno…

1 Like

I think I got them for like £1 each when Maplin closed down.

God I miss Maplin

3 Likes

digitone + model samples

Yeah those cables are decent, I got some, they used to do a nice 4 way jack loom too.

1 Like

I was just playing and sequencing various things on the iPad with the LaunchPadXL (Koala, FAC Drum kit, some synths) and sampling it into the Force.

IPad with audio interface into Force.

You could sit and knock out techno all day on just a Syntakt, the same with Digitakt.

Just had a Cirklon arrive, I hooked up my Hydrasynth and those two make beautiful complex techno patterns, just need to add drum source.

So no real direct routing in and/or out of the Force with the iPad? iPad to an interface then out to the Force?

I keep trying to find ways to integrate my Force and not just sell it on… thought this could be a route and it be part of an iPad combo, but I think the Digitakt or Digitone is a better match for me.

So I normally have the iPad to the digitakt, then DT into the Force via 1/4” and midi.

This allows the DT to basically be a physical drum plug in to my Force, and midi thru for all the cool midi apps - Scaler 2, Euclidean, other midi generators. I can then route force midi tracks back through to iPad synths, sample in the DT and/or Force.

I’ll get dRambo or PureAcid or AUM going, then get something Dawless going on the DT.

If I stumble onto something, then the Force becomes a clip catcher and arranger for structuring a song idea. The Force is a tough one to get into for sure, and I’ve contemplated switching to an MPC before.

But I’m not a big finger drummer, and nothing compares to the mixer style track layout of the Force for me.

That whole setup, by the way, is then into my DAW which can be midi/Link sync’d for a hybrid workflow.

1 Like

I mainly use

• DIGITAKT + SYNTAKT
    OR
  • DIGITAKT + VIRUS TI 2
3 Likes

Techno producer of tomorrow, nice!

1 Like

You will most definitely succeed

1 Like

The OT looks so small compared to the Perkons.