2023 hopes and expectations

Hi all, I enjoyed posting one of these last year and wanted to do another to see what everyone’s excited or hopeful for.

For me the biggest unconfirmed excitement is the prospect of a new Alessandro Cortini collaboration with Make Noise, I think the Strega is a really cool synth and the idea of their being a direct accomplice to this is really cool.

Outside of this I’m hoping to see some interesting firmware updates for syntakt and the minifreak, both great synths with endless possibilities to be improved.

Let me know what you’re looking for and what you’re hoping to see.

4 Likes

peace on earth, goodwill towards men and women, the end to highly transmissible illness, that the old stays fresh as a daisy and the new doesn’t stink like a diaper. Finally, the promise of some new old gear that I won’t be able to resist because AIN’T NO NGNY FOR ME!

that is all, nice post.

4 Likes

Final boss level Octatrack update, squish the remaining few bugs and add my feature requests plz @Elektron :slight_smile:

1010 Bluebox update to allow better audio editing, it is a great product but a bit light on audio editing, no copy/paste, fades, waveform view etc.

CC for Aira minis. + A few more products added to the range.

Continued updates for Novation Circuits.

Polyend Tracker to finally sync to/from midi properly.

Something new from Elektron, hardware.

Samplers to have enough memory so as not to hit limits too easily.

More hands on gear, still too much stuff is hassle to use.

Midi type B to be abandoned, A is the standard, you lost, grow up.

9 Likes

+1
I want a sh01a based mini and more drums for the T8

4 Likes

This.

2 Likes

It would be pretty cool in 2023, for me anyways, to have a meter level on OT via the trig lights,/, always thinking that would be so useful.

I think like most people here I’m hoping for some major updates for current Elektron boxes (mostly OT, DN). OT Mk3 or a new brain-melting box would be cool too :wink:

An update to the Perkons would be welcome. I love it but it feels a bit lacking at the moment.

What I really want is a MachineDrum Mk3 or reissue :pray:

Compressor for the Syntakt

2 Likes

I hope I finally get a job

17 Likes

• Korg modwave + opsix + wavestate in a single desktop unit with one more FX block per layer, 4 assignable outs, and less on-screen cursor navigation/page turning

• Digitakt stereo sample playback/pad linking

• a channel fader curve adjustment mod for Allen & Heath Xone:92 for battle style slicing when desired

• both twitter and facebook to magically go bankrupt and vanish

2 Likes

Songmode for the Digitakt!

4 Likes

good luck!

1 Like

More Cowbell

4 Likes

Drambo updates. Major single-core performance gains with the Apple M3 chip. Maybe we’ll get lucky and Korg will port more of their iOS synths to AUv3.

Maybe some major improvements to the Polyend Play with a 2.0 release (especially the midi side). I’m probably going to sell mine though and use a Launchpad Pro MKIII instead (fits ok for my needs).

I don’t have any plans to buy other gear this year, I have enough half-completed projects as is. The Analog Four MKII fits in with so many of my needs and I plan to stick with that.

I wonder if Elektron will release a smaller-format Analog synth box after testing the waters with the Syntakt. Maybe a hybrid wavetable synth with analog filters? But that also may just overlap the Analog Four too much?

I’d still like to see Elektrons take on a performance mixer.

Also something like the Digitone Keys but an effects device where you could play polyphonic effects on velocity sensitive keys where the order of the effects chain was the order you pressed the keys.
Just like Reaktor’s Finger but in a piece of hardware.

Yeah, an Octatrack update would be boss indeed.

Maybe a “sample selector” machine for RYTM.

1 Like

…need no gear…peace and inspiration will do…

1 Like

World peace would be nice.

5 Likes

An update for the OT with per-track trig modes for the trig keys would be really nice.