3 synth techno setups

My next techno setup will be

Model Samples (for beats/breaks and samples)
Lyra 8 (for texture/noise)
Polivoks (for bass/leads)

I will be cheating a bit though, as I’ll be using my laptop as a kind of performance mixer with a Max patch I’m building that will handle audio routings and effects. Haven’t decided yet if I’ll just use the MS for sequencing everything or if I’ll build a few sequencers in Max. It’ll probably end up being a bit of both.

Of course this all depends on my Polivoks getting back from the repair shop before hell freezes over…

9 Likes

Analog Four MkII
iPad sequenced by Launchpad Pro MkIII (using A4 as audio interface)
Analog Drive

I’m using Analog Drive alongside the Analog Four for feedbacked distortion. I could free an A4 input up to add in another synth (do distortion dry/wet outside the A4), but I’m not sure I really need it. You don’t need that many parts with heavy feedback.

Perkons, Roland sh4d, EMX1.

The AR MK2, Bass Station 2, and the Minifreak are a nice combo for me.

1 Like

Double knot
Octatrack
Digitakt

6 Likes

Sexy setup. The mono is a techno beast, Surgeon’s been deploying one in his live setup now too

2 Likes

I’m starting something with TR-8S for drums and fm stuff, S-1, SP-404 mkII for samples, and m8/MB33 for acid and friends.

Ah, more than 3, cheating as well!

1 Like

TR8S
TB-3

Cue the pottery making scene from Ghost.
Boom!

2 Likes

What would you recommend to pair with DT + DN?

DB-01
or
Quadrantid Swarm

Both are excellent.

DB01 sounds good, has a great sequencer, built like a tank but has a couple of UI quirks (no volume knob) and a more limited sound pallette than the QS.

QS has a pretty wide pallette, a decent amount of controls/patch points and two filters is great. Build quality is dreadful though and it’s a bit fiddly to use, sequencer not as good as DB01.

Both are excellent for making banging techno.

1 Like

4 Likes