"700 Euro Machinedrum model "question

Hey guys! Ever since the price drop, I’ve switched my GAS from Rytm to Machinedrum, mostly because of the price point.

My question is, which model is the Machinedrum that’s being sold for 700e?

Is it the mkII? If so, does it come with the +drive or is the +drive exclusive to the UW model?

The only reason I’m asking is because I can’t find ANY info regarding pattern/kit size of the cheaper Machinedrum model. Having an A4 makes me think anything less than 128 projects x 128 patterns isn’t enough :smiley:

Can anyone fill me on this? :slight_smile:

The 699 EUR configuration is the SPS-1 (Mk II).
The 1099 EUR configuration is the SPS-1UW+ (Mk II).
Both are Mk IIs - Elektron has not sold the Mk I configuration since 2007/2008.
The cheaper model does not include the +Drive, so it only has 1 “project”.
All the MD configurations have 128 patterns.

I’ve brought mine 2/3 days ago 750 and it’s an sps-1 uw +drive the uw section enhance drastically the beast and the drive is just a larger storage complement i’wouldn’t buy it if it were a non-uw version.
It’s a damn good machine you shoud (at least) try but what is your actual setup?
Edit: sorry i didn’t know you spoke about 1st hands machine. Try to lower the price of the MD you can see on reseller shop and get a uw version that’s what i made and i’m reeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllly happy

Oh shoot, 128 patterns really isn’t enough, unless of course I mess around with the C6 but that seems like a hassle at best. :frowning:

My current setup is A4 supported by an Electribe MX for the drums. Needless to say, the difference in sound quality is extreme between the two and I’ve been looking into getting the Rytm, but thought I might as well save some money and get a Machinedrum, however with so little memory, I guess I’ll be looking into the UW+.

I don’t mind getting one second hand, but being in Serbia, there’s literally nobody even remotely near me and shipping from EU over here is risky as the guys at the border tend to open every box and apply such random tax rates that I might even end up paying the Rytm price for a used Machinedrum :"(

I would hold out for the Rytm.
Chances are, even after getting a MD, you’ll still want the Rytm, as that’s what you really want.