A Belated Introduction

Hi everyone. I’ve been hovering around here and there over the past year or so but never got around to an introduction thread, so I thought I’d do one now.

I’m a producer/composer based in Montreal, mostly doing dance music as Persuasion and ambient/experimental/concrète type stuff as D. Hansen.

I put out this EP for Bandcamp Friday in November. Worked extremely hard on it and am very proud of how it turned out. Mix of dub techno and UK Hessle/Livity-type influences.

So yeah, hello and happy to be part of the community. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

:wave:t3: Welcome. Will give the EP a listen now

1 Like

Well, that’s quite the introduction. I’m enjoying these sounds a lot! Also, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really digging the EP, on first listen i’m really enjoying the flow of Sedlec Ossuary! What gear did you use to create these fine tracks?

2 Likes

Hardware-wise it was my AR (mostly the synth machines, rarely using samples), Waldorf Pulse 2 for “leads” (if they can be called that lol), and AH for reamping/glue/gentle saturation of the master bus.

Other than that it was a lot of ITB. I did pads/stabs with TheWaveWarden Odin 2 and Reaktor 6 running Carbon 2. Valhalla Delay and VintageVerb for pretty much all delay & reverb duties. Various other Reaktor things for other FX processing. Arranged in Ableton 9.

3 Likes

thank you and thank you!

1 Like

The production on this is really really good. Has a very professional finish to it, great job.
Not to mention the tracks them selves are great! Listening while it rains outside in Vancouver and I write some code :smiley:

1 Like

Nice EP. Enjoyed it

1 Like

perfect, I do love to indulge in rainy weather vibes when working on tunes :smiling_imp:

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I wanted to see if I could get things sounding like they’d been made in a proper studio without actually having a proper studio and the answer is yes but I wanted to die by the end of it lol

1 Like

Really nice stuff! I like the sweetness and the roundness of the Tracks and how it’s bouncing in the Sub / Mid Sub.

Edit : Hello from Montreal.

1 Like

Hello and welcome! Good stuff!

1 Like

giving it a listen! welcome to the forum!

1 Like

only just saw your edit, hello to you too! good luck getting through this next lockdown…

1 Like

Lockdown and (illegal) curfew.

1 Like