A Guide to AUTECHRE

6 Likes

This one maybe? A classic for me anyway :slight_smile:

7 Likes

remember an interview where they said one of the tracks on (i think) chiastic slide has a recording of them discussing how to arrange the track really low in the mix. therefore: vocals.

3 Likes

That one is so great. The Bug has colaborated with many unlikely people (Fennenz, Earth) so a full on Autechre/Bug album would be a wonderful thing!

Oh, and not least this:

I know opinion were mixed, but I totally love this version!

5 Likes

I think I still have access to edu sites thanks to my MA so Iā€™m going to have a dive into these. I always preferred Gescom to Ʀ in the main, but Iā€™m sure itā€™s interesting.

As a dyed-in-the-wool hip-hop fan, Gescomā€™s use of classic Ultimate Breaks and Beats samples was immensely appealing to me, especially hearing them process the living shit out of them and take them into territory I would never have expected.

EDIT: canā€™t mention Gescom without dropping this little slab of absolute perfection. Shouts to the Holmes, Edgar PBO!

5 Likes

I think thatā€™s was it.

Anyways, thereā€™s a few. :+1:t6:

1 Like

And does sampling their groans and sticking it in the Quaristice set count? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been stuck in these two for the last whileā€¦

5 Likes
1 Like

Vocals? :grimacing: :relaxed:

Sick!

2 Likes

This one is a cover but it got some vocals and I love it!

2 Likes

this poor tune gets overlooked a lot. so good!

ha funny @Dataflu you drop a WARP anniv track au meme temp :slight_smile:

6 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

This vinyl is in my collection :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m also a vinyl addict :slight_smile: . I have some records from them.
Iā€™m tracking every day discogs for good prices, my most wanted records from them are Draft and Untilted.

1 Like

My homey just picked this up on wax Lexis - Hypnotise (Autechre Remix) - YouTube

1 Like