A Guide to AUTECHRE

Haha! Now that’s a shed I’d like to see.

3 Likes

I was in the second row right in the centre for the first show, and the sound was amazing. Not muddy at all, I could hear every detail and it was shaking my bones. It did sound like a war zone though, or maybe exploring a constantly shifting, living alien machine that wanted to grind you into mincemeat.

I might have overdone the homemade edibles before the show though.

4 Likes

Yeah I was going to say very similar things but was too scared of getting flagged :black_flag: :laughing:

I really liked about a third of it, didn’t like some of it very much. It felt like it was over too soon though.

I think I might have preferred the second one too.

1 Like
4 Likes

Is that a bootleg someone recorded on a phone/device?

Unfortunately i missed Autechre’s show a few years ago. Never saw them live and can’t really imagine what it’s like. Sitting down listening to them sounds weird to me. But on the other side the later stuff isn’t really danceable either. Either way it’s probably a very special experience.

best thing about sitting in darkness with intense rhythm and frequencies pummelling your body is the total loss of depth perception and spacial awareness. causes some interesting brain tricks.

4 Likes

I have to admit I prefer standing up to see them. I liked the Barbican show a lot and it was cool getting to feel all the low end through the seats but I wanted to move around a bit.

Even though it’s not particularly “danceable” music, I still want to dance (shuffle around like a knob) to it.

Plus, I really liked standing up trying to work out whether people were facing me or if they had their back to me.

3 Likes

When I saw them at Zoo in Manchester I was working my way through the crowd with three pints when they started the set and all the lights went off. I’d lost all pints by the time I’d managed to get to safety :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I imagine, and not the best…
The location shouldn’t be great either.

1 Like

One Two

8 Likes

big moment, their “scratch” module is quite something

3 Likes

Are these all fan made stuff recorded in the room? Cause they sound a bit shit and roomy to me.

I believe so, yes.

1 Like

Crossing, getting on stage, getting wired to the phones output, it’s not easy without getting caught.
It’s usually a place a little on the side with a recorder in a shirt pocket, under a cap or in a bag of crisps. :smile:

4 Likes

Killamixmaster Sean!

1 Like

In a bag of crisps :joy:

1 Like

For the drive effect.

1 Like

Extra crunch

1 Like

For a salty and spicy sound.

1 Like