A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

You’re gonna get a suspension for that joke :grinning:

7 Likes

Worth it :grin::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

The x8 module is cool and all, but I still want to see the spiritual successor of the xpander/rev2

And, while I am at it, the successor to the prophet 12 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Cool :sunglasses:

The Octatrack is too easy to operate in its current form, so it would be better with no screens at all, then you’d just have to guess what was going on.

:upside_down_face:

The price is surprisingly good. The form factor on the other hand, hmm, is Oberbig. It is 2 inches longer and 1 inch higher than the Prophet 10 desktop. That’s a huge desktop … oh well, there is always something that’s slightly off :grin:

EDIT: plus, 4+ kg?? gee … those 8 voices must be heavy …

3 Likes

Tempera looks nice but I’d prefer it called victor to go with their vector

Probably expensivotron too.
I’ll have to find a similar iOS app ( and talk about it on the iOS music thread and not here )

1 Like

This and the UDO are the big announcements so far…

2 Likes

It’s time for an ASM announcement now.

7 Likes

I was thinking that if they made a desktop ob-x8 I would replace my ob-6, but since getting a linnstrument mpe has become important to me and the ob-6 is one of the few synths that supports it. So unless the ob-x8 ever supports mpe I guess I am going to hold off.

1 Like

7 Hydrasynths Sellotaped together!

3 Likes

Meanwhile Somewhere over the English Channel Nick Batt looks down from 40,000 ft excited at the thought of new Superbooth announcements. Chuckling at the thought of escaping the Semi-Finals of Eurovision.

1 Like

New bits from Rides In The Storm…

grafik

grafik

grafik

grafik

7 Likes

I think I have at least three right now. This is my cure for much hardware GAS. (Of course I have too many apps but they cost two orders of magnitude less…)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsB6mJuJdY1/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

EDIT Sorry already posted FFS :grinning:

1 Like

Would love a Take 5 desktop…

12 Likes

Antigone from a new maker Nanopolis

Preliminary layout, not final.

Normally i’d skip another Eurorack module from a new company, but this deserves a mention. Digital four voice multi-timbral synthesizer in 26hp.

Sound only video, queued.

Their website.

SynthAnatomy.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t understand these digital multivoice Eurorack modules. At least this one appears to have four V/oct inputs as opposed to one TRS MIDI. There’s definitely a market, and it isn’t hurting anyone, I guess, but…!

6 Likes

Right, it does have CV in, but no V/octave, which would probably hog a lot of those inputs. Like you said, there must be a market.

2 Likes

Ah, right, I missed that MIDI in, the black cable at lower left. So it is like all the others.

2 Likes

Five now !

Ostrawa from Xaoc is a full stereo four-channel voltage-controlled.
Bohumin is the 10HP expander for the Ostrawa

4 Likes