A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

Depends on how they’ve decided to do it. For instance, the Retrokits RK-008 doesn’t bind midi channels to tracks, so you can have multiple midi channels recorded onto a single track.

1 Like

Ughhhh this is the one for me. RIP my savings.

I just wonder if it has an audio input this time. That’s my major gripe with the GR-1.

3 Likes

It has bounce down utility also so guess free up tracks once happy

It would be sad if it didn’t, considering much cheaper little boxes like that new Sonicware granular synth have the capability.

Wooow. Looks like just the sort of device I have been thinking should exist.

Any price details?

Checked website and no information as of yet.

Thanks for the heads up :+1:

Great video! Took me back to Science Fair days. Loved the flipbooks.

1 Like

Dreadbox’s polyphonic modular solution - a bit more old school solution compared to TipTop’s ART in that you need an oscillator module per voice

2 Likes

This almost looks like Elektron and TE’s love child.

Did anyone notice in Starsky Carr’s Super Gemini video the possibly blue Super 6 desktop in the background (see bottom right of image below)? Can anyone confirm that this is a thing?

2 Likes

Or those black Perkons- did I just dream those?

2 Likes
1 Like

The Steampipe and Track8 both look like Reaktor ensembles.
Still waiting for the Finger in hardware :metal:

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just my way of working but I’m very confused that this doesn’t have more inputs and outputs.

3 Likes

And only a single output, which is a headphone socket. And the USB ports are host not device - how do you get the mix off it? It does have unusual I/O, I’m not sure it makes a lot of sense to me but there must be some thinking behind it…

2 Likes

Model 296t Programmable Spectral Processor

52hp :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Yeah I guess you track one or two instruments at a time (or 3 with vocals)

Seems like it’s a selector knob so probably 1 input at a time. Kind of like an overdub machine with 8 tracks.

2 Likes

Looking at Modal’s product lineup:

6 Likes

There’s a jomox alpha base ii, but no details yet

17 Likes