A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

“Just tell us what features you’re dreaming of”

Not on this side of the Ocean, but if someone can pass the word: Dreaming of Noise Engineering machines in the Syntakt.

11 Likes

There actually is a noise generation machine, it’s called NOISE GEN and it’s on the analog tracks. Also quite a lot of interesting noise options on SY BITS, SY TONE, SY SWARM, & SY RAW as well.

1 Like

https://noiseengineering.us/collections/oscillator

3 Likes

I’m too cynical to think this quote wasn’t paid for in some way.
I think that of all quotes on all products.
Somewhere there is an angle to it … maybe he’s got another album coming out or something.

New from Verbos.

Real World Interface – Interesting name.

Unusual collection of utilities. I will be watching to see how this module gets used.

4 Likes

This is pretty cool. I’m interested to see how well the frequency detector works - seems to be PLL based. Built in mics are a nice touch.

1 Like

New ( retro ) from Elektro-Harmonix.

2 Likes

So if anyone attends elektron’s appointment only showing at namm, and wants to give a tiny hint on what secret new project they are working on, we would all very much appreciate it. :wink:

7 Likes

I heard it’s a carrying case for the bp-1 battery handle.

7 Likes

Yamaha has a page up with all their new announcements for NAMM.

The digital mixer the DM-3 that i posted earlier, is on that page. So is a streaming mixer. There is also a Dante audio I/O rack, that could go with the digital mixer.

Unfortunately the synthesizer announcement is only the CK series, that we already knew about. Nice but not earthshaking.

No AN-X.

BUT here’s something that i had not expected, that will be interesting to a few people, like me. A wind synth, that looks great for saxophonists.

ADDED : If you like the digital sax, see this down-thread.

The Transacoustic Piano looks an interesting development too, but it IS a piano.

4 Likes

That digital sax looks wild. I expect to see that in an upcoming Star Wars cantina scene.

3 Likes

I don’t see that it has MIDI, though that is hard to believe.

2 Likes

Yeah, I would hope it has Midi.

2 Likes

So you’re saying I can play saxobeat with that thing bro ?

My guess is something hot, dare I say an mk3. Hope they don’t delay on the release but news will reverberate I’m sure when announced.

1 Like

678 is a good price to dip your toes in digital sax land.

1 Like

Agreed. Looks fun, and since it’s Yamaha it’ll sound good.

1 Like

Hey this looks different.

ADDED :

August release – $399 ( That is tentative. )

3 Likes

Eventide has added a new effect to their H90 and it sounds like a winner. PolyFlex.

PolyFlex is a polyphonic pitch shifter that allows users to bend a chord into a new harmony, and do other sorts of polyphonic pitch shifting.

Yes that is what you’re thinking.

3 Likes

This idea is so TE I love it.
Personally I’m hoping for an Analog Heat Keys.

1 Like