A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

A plugin

For those people who says NAMM is all about guitars. ( And ignoring the fact that they are right. )

4 Likes

4 Likes

Between this and their 303, you can throw a real Donner Party now :meat_on_bone::skull_and_crossbones:

16 Likes

Going from very inexpensive to really expensive.

Binson Echorec Magnetic Disk Delay from T-Rex.

7 Likes

If the price is right, this would be a great present for someone young looking to get into the electronic music scene.
My nephews would probably love it as well as my daughter.

4 Likes

The annoncement video of this on JHS, who designed it, is class.

Also isnt that VST the first from Sound Toys in a little while? Was the delay the last thing they did?

Dont you tempt me!

1 Like

That thing looks amazing. $2,100. Wish I had that kind of money to spend on a delay. I’ll have to stick with my Volante.

Retrofuture 1950s vibes.

8 Likes

I get excited for namm every year and then I remember it’s not superbooth :-(.

15 Likes

This is for the “musician in your life that has everything” type of gear.
I love this type of stuff.

1 Like

More cool software, for those who think NAMM can’t do it all.

Zynaptiq has a new ( announced by Zynaptiq years ago 2018, but finally released ). A redo of the Orange Vocoder from Prosoniq, back in 1998 ! They showed it at Superbooth last year, but it takes a NAMM for them to actually release it !

Orange It’s a wild eight algorithm vocoder. with a VA synth and filters built in. I think it is for Macs with an Intel CPU only. Maybe others later.

• Realtime vocoder effects plug-in for the Apple AudioUnits (AU) format.
  • Flexible Carrier/Modulator Routing, including side-chain input.
  • Integrated 32-voice virtual analog synthesizer.
  • 8 unique vocoder algorithms.
  • HF Passthrough & Voiced/Unvoiced Detector with noise generator.
  • Filterbank Freeze & Filterbank Reverb.
  • 10-band Graphic EQ with Analyzer.
  • Integrated Hall Reverb.

https://www.zynaptiq.com/orangevocoder/orange-vocoder-au-overview/

In booth 15102

2 Likes

Travel Sax

I mentioned the Yamaha digital sax (YDS-120) and wouldn’t you know it there is another one.
It’s called the Travel Sax because it is so small and portable, and is made by Odisei Music.

Here’s Nick Batt doing the interview :

I really like that you can use your own alto mouthpiece. No bite sensor, but it does have breath control. Built in sounds and MIDI out too. Not a fan of the turquiose keys, but there is a black keys, and a total of six different colors.

3 Likes

Lumen Handpan

Queued to interview, go back for demo with electric cello.

Both MIDI and built in sounds, battery operated. The rep in this video, says the drums are extra sensitive. I

2 Likes

Business side of things – Interesting interview by Nick Batt, with Hamilton Metalcraft a job shop that can make custom metal enclosures for … well really whatever, but in this context, synths and pedals.

They also do one offs so you could put your gear in a case ! COOL !

https://hmetal.com/
Made in USA

2 Likes

A Sampler and a Looping Delay from 4MS

These two are available in your choice, as a through hole kit, or built. These both come from earlier 4MS products but are different, with some new features. The later part of the video goes into detail ( for us Eurorack nerds here ).

Looping Delay

Sampler

6 Likes

I think it has USB MIDI.

This looks underwhelming just like the YDS150 when compared to the alternatives. At least there’s no heavy metal bell any more.

There’s a few already in that 500-700 USD price range for the entry level ones.

1 Like

Latest view of the SOMA Terra

I queued it but left a little of the ad at the front, because it is from SOMA, and it is the Terra.

This is very cool, and looks to me a great street performance item, with everyone coming up to ask what it is, before dropping money in the hat.

6 Likes

More detail on the Instachord in particular the “fret - side” ( my term ) interface, that i posted about earlier. Two or three buttons. So the fingering is the same, regardless the key base you’ve selected. They will be adding a looper, and a way to play melody with bends.

Queued to the detail.

As you can tell i’m into this, weird as it is. Indiegogo, here i come.

2 Likes

Jotter – A plug-in from NUGEN for cooperative music editing

A useful application for someone doing mixes and work for someone else, that lets you to send them your mix, and allow them to comment upon that in musical context and send that back. And you can use it as a dynamic to-do list. Also can be made practical for people with visual impairments.

They are doing some great things with this and i think likely there will be a lot of other not thought of applications as well.

( Excuse me if this is a little jumbled, i am not familiar with this end of the business. )

Also detail on a update coming for Halo-Vision later in the video ( around 8:40 ).

3 Likes

Urban Centa from Sonic Mind – a virtual pedal board, for your real pedals

I am not going to link the video for this, it’s too much of a jumble, but you can see it through the article.

This company has a controller pedal, that communicates with a pedal board with a digital ( i think ) switcher that allows you on the fly to reconfigure your pedal board.

The video talks about this as being just for guitarists, but i see NO reason that it has to be. Sounds like it is somewhat a work in progress, but there is potential here, for those devoted to their pedals.

This is not completely clear to me, but i think i got it.

It apparently is currently for sale.