A warning about online retailer Music Store Professional

Just want to give people a heads up about these guys as they don’t hold the same quality in customer care as Thoman and Gear4.

I was told by their representative that when ordering the Polyend Seq (B-stock) I could just return it if I was not happy with it. It would not cost me anything and they would even arrange for the pick up.

I contacted Music Store professional earlier this week to return it. They now tell me I have to pay 38 euro’s just for them to make a return label. In addition to this I have to arrange and pay for shipping back the instrument myself.

This was the first time I ordered from them. Needless to say I never buy from them again.

That sounds odd. Maybe it’s got to do with your location. Within Germany I’ve returned multiple items without issue. Also I’ve never had any hassle with them.

Random anecdotal praise/complaints on gear forums never look good.

1 Like

It’s not acceptable that you were mislead, I’d pursue a complaint on that basis … I can only add that in my experience they have been above and beyond in terms of after sales support though - it’s a good idea to keep personal time-stamped notes of such chats, it may be recorded/reviewable at their end

I ordered several things there and even returned a unit but did never experience any problems. Service was nice and fast

Had the same thing with them a couple of years back. Sent them a midas venice F-16 that was still under warranty for a repair. They claimed nothing was wrong with it and demanded 250€ before they sent it back to “cover their costs”. Got it back and the channel was still broken. A bunch of a**holes if you ask me. Never ordered there again. Had some issues with gear I ordered with Thomann over the years and they were quick, friendly and to the point every time.

Yes it might be but I called them and asked before ordering specifically to avoid this issue.

Yes, I have filed a complaint on that basis. Will see what they say.

1 Like

Yes, and I only got it a week ago so this 30 days open policy is misleading at best.

I have the same experience but nowadays, a lot of companies I used to trust just went for cheap and dirty tactics, things change, maybe Music Store did as well…

@mrdritt if a normal complaint through the customer service doesn’t work or discussions last too long, you can also make a claim through your payment system (Paypal, Visa and the likes usually have ways for you to dispute the payment). It worked for me every time. Best of luck regardless :slight_smile:

Thank you for the advice:) I will check it out

Ordered nearly all my gear at Music Store . Always fast and friendly in the handling of my purchases . Once a power supply was missing with the unit , complained about it and got it delivered 2 days after sending the complaint… So , can’t say anything bad about them either …

File a copy of this converstation and you have no issues! Seriously - ALWAYS ask for eMail Confirmation about things told on Telephone. This is the first rule everyone should learn. That way you have evidence in case they later tell you that they dont know who has made any kind of offer to you.

1 Like

…even thomann got special restrictions on their return policy whenever it comes to b stock stuff…
but hey, thomann is doing a good job for real…music store never was my kind of thing anyway…
next time u know better, so forget about it…makes u sleep way better…

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve learned my lesson:)

1 Like

Is the worst retailer, never buy to them

I sent my Digitakt to repair one button and I received with all the buttons damaged and corrosion sings. They are not responsible