A4 CV to control Eventide Space

hey, is anyone using the eventide space with A4!?

the space can be easily controlled with midi cc. Unfortunately, the A4 can only play notes from external devices, but no cc control. :((

however i read somewhere that the space can be controlled via cv and the A4 is able to receive and play back cv. I’ve tried it, but it’s very messy.

the goal is to add the space effect only proportionately with the trigs, so that the reverb can breathe nicely.

if someone here has any idea about it, then that would be just great if you could share the settings.

When you say that you’ve tried using the CV track, but it’s messy - what are your settings and what’s the mess that you’re u happy with? How would you want it to be different?

I had connected the space to the A4 via cv, but it wasn’t really clear what I was controlling here and the playback was kind of inaccurate.

it’s all over now anyway. the goal is that several signals should go through the reverb proportionally and for that you need the signal of the individual tracks, i don’t think that’s possible with a cv track.

I’m doing this now using the send pannel, which I then automate using ableton, that works great too. but it would be much better if the A4 cc could play back - too bad.

maybe someone just had a setting and could post it.

I’m not sure I follow, so I think I’ll pass this on to someone who has experience of the Eventide Space.

1 Like

If the Space has the option to control for example send/input level via the exp input (usually 0-5v, but check manual) then you can quite easily control that in a predictable way using A4. Set one of the A4 CV outs to the correct voltage, and VAL Lin, then P-Lock on the CV track as desired.

2 Likes

That sounds good, I’ll try that later - thank you!

This is why I was confused.

If 0V is no Reverb and 5V is full reverb, you just P-Lock an amount on the CV track, per step, that relates to the amount you want?

That’s the definition of controllable. It’s Control Voltage.

1 Like

yes, i have not used cv stories before so i am not familiar with it.

it would be so great if elektron would add control via the A4 Performance Page CC, that’s definitely possible.