A4 disconnection from overbridge, frequent

hi, not sure if this was already posted in another forum, but the problem i am having with overbridge and the A4 is that i load a new set into ableton live with the A4 audio unit, it will run smoothly for a few minutes but the A4 seems to 100% of the time lose connection from overbridge then leading to no signal from the audio unit. sometimes this will occur with an extremely loud popping sound or not at all (sometimes the digital noise mentioned in another forum but very brief), the only remedy seems to be to restart the A4 or to reload the liveset. an important note is that this didn’t really happen in older versions.

everything is completely updated to the most recent operating systems and software, my macbook pro is in great working order with plenty of RAM, any ideas on how to fix this? i basically cannot use overbridge/audio unit and only run it using the original hardware set up.

also, is there a way to disconnect and reconnect the A4 unit without powering it off and on, kind of like a connection refresh? would love to get this working properly, the rare times it functions it is really great.

Happens to me regularly. I am using a Powered USB hub and often wonder if it has something to do with that. I simply unplug and re-plug the USB and the A4 reconnects.

This makes OB unusable in a live set so I only use it haphazardly to record individual channels when producing music, not for live performance. painful!

the man is a genius! looks like it is my USB hub that is causing the instability, but then that does cause a problem with only two direct ports on the macbook pro, but i’ll take it for now. thanks for the input, there must be a proper USB hub that should work i bet.

maybe the overhub

or any hub offering MTT

https://www.elektronauts.com/search?q=USB%20hub%20MTT

1 Like

thanks i will check it out