A4+DT or A4+ST?

If you only had an Analog Four and wanted a drum machine to use with it, would you go with the Digitakt or Syntakt?

From just an A4, I’d add a Digitakt, for sampling. I love synths and do more with them, but there’s some sounds I love which are really hard to do without a sampler: breakbeats; someone else’s compressors over a whole mix; air.

But that’s just me. Some people don’t want to bother with sampling.

4 Likes

I would add a second Analog Four to use as a drum machine.

7 Likes

I need samples, so I wouldn’t go without a sample playback device of some sort.

Isn’t it great how we all have different needs and desires?

How about A4+ST+MS ?

2 Likes

I would say, sample the A4 drum you need on the DT and use the DT+A4.
The ST+A4 won’t cover some territory.

4 Likes

Beat me to it. This is the correct answer. Everything you need all in one. Sample drums if you don’t need the performance macros in your percussion- sample leads if you do

4 Likes

Thé thing I like really really on the DT is the ability to use lfo on sample start for drum.
Just a little bit, really a little bit.
Your transient on the sample will be shaped by the lfo and it will give a feel of different drum.
And you keep one lfo free.

1 Like

I have purchased a Digitakt recently, and I’m experimenting with my A4. I like how they sound together. The plan, weirdly, is to sample some chords from the A4 with the DT, and use the A4 for drums and bass and the additional sounds from the DT. Let’s see how it goes…. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

This is starting to become my plan too. These two together are pretty spicy :hot_pepper: