Ableton and Digitakt recording latency

Hi all,

I’m using ableton and DGT with overbridge. When I record there is a 9 ms delay. Usually I would just set “MIDI Clock Sync Delay” to -9ms and clock type “pattern”. I also have monitoring set OFF while recording in ableton. Previously setting the MIDI Clock Sync Delay in Ableton would shift the recording. But somehow with overbridge this parameter doesn’t do anything anymore. I can set it to -100 and still the same. I have no clue what is going on here. Don’t get me wrong -9ms is fine. But I don’t understand why I can’t alter it in Ableton anymore.

Any clues?

You need to adjust the audio delay instead of the midi delay, because Overbridge has it’s own method of communicating with the Digitakt midi settings wont affect it.

audio latency or just record, go into the recorded file in ableton, zoom to the start of your recorded file, add a warp point and right click “set 1 to here” click warp off than back on and choose yes, that way your file will be automatically precise with the song bpm since it is recorded in sync :slight_smile:

Yes. That is my of working as well. I just record 6min or so and warp it at the start. But i was more intrgued by the fact changing midi delay doesn’t work

Have you got delay compensation on in ableton settings?
Are you sending midi notes or sequencing on the DT?
It should be in sync, it records perfectly for me

Hi

I have delay compensation on.

And i use clock from ableton.

All sequencing is done on digitakt

You are using Ableton clock?
or overbridge clock coming from the plugin?
You must use overbridge clock if you want accurate recording

How should i set that up?

Turn off all sync settings in Ableton and on the digitakt…
At the top of the plugin you can choose clock & transport which takes care of everything.

It sounds like you are using Abletons clock if you are getting a delay

2 Likes

Ok. So sync on midi output should be off? Will try it

Did the last suggestion work?