Ableton macros won’t map with DT knobs

Hey guys

Long time listener first time caller here - I’ve had a DT for a few years now and successfully worked out how to map macros in Live quite sometime ago - and actually had it working today - but typically, I ended my morning session in Live - saved everything but when I came back later, Live wouldn’t recognise the midi as CCs on the macros but only as pitch bend only - which is completely screwy! It should be the easiest thing to map them but Live refuses to now see them as CCs - I’m using the latest version of 11 on a MBP M1 - I thought I’d ask here as I really want to use the DT as my controller so thought someone on these knowledgeable boards may have encountered a similar issue… I’ve reinstalled Live and restarted everything and it’s still being a d***!

Thanks all - any ideas gratefully received

Mike :pray:t2::facepunch:t2:

First thoughts (no DT in front of me) :-

• Are you using the MIDI tracks on the DT?
  • Do you need to enable sending MIDI CC in the DT settings?
  • Did you save the project in the DT that had the mappings? That may have a clue.
  • Did you set up anything in Ableton to use the DT as a MIDI in source?

Good luck! These kinds of things are normally simple to fix but very annoying when you can’t remember how!

1 Like

Thanks Rob

All good starting points - I’ll take some time and check these - I suspect it’s an Ableton problem as I had it working before Live started seeing it as pitchbend - but good shout to check all the outputs from the DT

As I said this is a very simple thing to set up but somewhere along the way the messages between DT and Live are getting mangled

M

Small update - I got this working on my Digitone - so it seems like this is a weird Digitakt problem…

@Elektron - any ideas?