About saving

hi !

maybe I didn’t understand a thing about saving with digitakt (but also digitone, as it has the same configuration)…

I have several projects for live situation, and I work with pattern mute mode. When I practice I make my thing, adjust and everything. When I think it’s over for a piece, I save its “initial state” as its supposed to start, but if I play again that song (meanwhile loading another pattern, etc…), without saving, and I turn off my elektrons, it’s that state which is loaded, and not the previous (and good) one. I have to reload my project to really load the good version, which is a bit slow and not very efficient in certain situations…

Do I make something wrong ? is there another way to save those things and reload?

thanks!

…it’s a good thing, that all swedish devices got that advantage, that they always reflect where it’s at, when u stopped working and just switched it off…

exept of those that involve sampling…a fresh sample needs to be saved once, before switching off, otherwise it can’t get back into that ram status…

all this is also a good safety net for not loosing all ur efforts, once u might experience an electric blackout by accident…

therefor it’s unavoidable, once u have prepared a perfect overall live status, to save all that and whenever u jammed with that as a starting point and leave it in some other status as that saved and fixed starting point, u ave to reload that project again as u saved it that way…otherwise, as u experience it, it will show up in that state as u last left it again…

so, whenever u start practising or jamming ur live set, make it a routine to reload ur project to be sure, u know where it’s at…
and whenever u changed ur preparation for better starting conditions, which might happen a lot during all kinds of rehearsals and funrides, u just save that same project with a different number added to the file name…no worries, that plain project file don’t eat much on ur +drive…enjoy the luxury to always keep a nice overview of various versions of a project with no big fuzz…

3 Likes