Access Virus Ti desktop - still relevant?

Yeah Im not really chasing.
I think Id rather go with the TI, all the wavetable stuff, multi timbrality, etc. Maybe one day. But probably not, I had a studio day today. Fucking love my set up and see no reason to change anything.

2 Likes

The B is also multitimbral, up to 16 individual patches, or multi-single mode with up to 16 patches at the same time on the same MIDI channel. :smiley: The Wavetable stuff is pretty great though. Basically if you find a B for a silly price (around Ā£300-Ā£350) Iā€™d recommend snapping it up.

Ha! Thats never going to happen. I live in Australia, average price of a used Access Virus B is about 1000 AUD = 500GBP.

Faraway desert country means Sodall population means sodall gear means high prices.

1 Like

I wish they would release an updated Virus TI Snow, with an updated UI (like the micromonsta 2), smaller form factor and USB audio/midi without hacks. This is such a perfect small synth: all the sounds from the desktop version, just half the DSP (which is already plenty!) and 4 parts multitimbral. Can be USB-powered easily, this is really a gem.

Yip the atomiser is naffā€¦i donā€™t like stutter effects thoughā€¦

There are many things in the effects section on the TI i wish were in my Elektron boxes, a delay for the chorus so you can make it pitch drag like tape, a vibrato, tape delay with different tempo divisions per left and right side, amp sim, distortion flavours, vowel filter, ring mod, pitch modā€¦

Oh and the mod matrix, that would be sweetā€¦

Wow thatā€™s a great deal! I got an Indigo (B) for around Ā£200 a few years back, as it was in fairly bad shape (wobbly knobs and weird aftermarket screen with crap viewing angle). TBH Iā€™d just use the DSP56300 plugin now probably, but legendary devices.

1 Like

not sure about Ti because never owned it, but my B certainly still is.

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget the filter bank and ring modā€¦ and effects per part lol :joy:

2 Likes

In the latest episode of SonicTalk Yoad Nevo named the Virus B as an excellent effects box. :wink:

The wording of the question ā€œis it still relevant?ā€ can be applied to absolutely everything and not only to synthesizers. I had 5 Virus TI1 and TI2. They came and went, after I tried a bunch of VA synths I bought the 5th TI1 destop and left it forever. There are moments in life that it stands idle (but so do other synths), and there are times when I can write a complete track, by using for all sounds only the Virus TI including the drums. I like the Virus TI and mine works very stably and never loses synchronization.

2 Likes