Ace music / shit art

It is well made, so not “shit art” at all.

Edit: There seems to be not even a repeated tooth, so there’s also a lot of effort.

(My favourite album is Kollaps.)

4 Likes

I agree. I always liked the cover. It was not meant to be pleasant. It’s an effective and evocative cover.

3 Likes

What really bother me is that the text in the TV isn’t properly centered.

9 Likes

I mean, what the fuck even is this?

9 Likes

I played that record to death in the 90s

1 Like

Me too, but I never looked at it

2 Likes

Slight variation on the second post in this thread from @NeonMelk (Faith no More)

download

My favorite metal album of all time, really hated the artwork.
Tool_-_Lateralus

Lost for words…
b0a5645b

5 Likes

Well they got their name and sound from this so it fits

EDIT: I love this album cover

3 Likes

I’m not denying that a lot of effort has gone into this. It’s just that, to me at least, it’s trying to hard. I’d associate a cover like that with some mediocre Emo band, not with EN.
It is well made in terms of craft , it just doesn’t fit the album’s tone.

(Kollaps is great as well. Always had a thing for Negativ Nein.)

Has to be a joke - or pastiche of / nod to some library music or schools music cover

It stops me listening to it. The tiny pencil bothers me more than anything. I kind of like the eyes

A friend used to dig this out for us to go “omg, sooooo bad” - but now I respect it. Never heard it thoughimage

But Emo came 20 years later …

1 Like

Violent sleep of reason was pretty good, as was catch 33, but holy fuck their first couple… Destroy, erase, improve was diabolical.

2 Likes

Pet sounds has to be the best album with the worst cover ever

4 Likes

Well, there’s Mike Love on it…doesn’t help.

2 Likes

Back in the day I was sort of into how weird shapeshifters were but I always thought these album covers were not at all good selling points. Know Future in particular is a little too out there, but Adopted by Aliens is a close second.

Conversely, I always thought the cover for planet of the shapes was a fucking riot.

Don’t forget the all time classic of shit/horribly unfortunate sleeve art, but actually pretty decent music…

2 Likes

I like it

1 Like