Adding a Sound to a Track and Locking it

Hello,
i already know how to work with PLocks but my question is how you lock a Sound to a Track
per Pattern. This way there is no need for me to PLock each Step per track but you just set
it once and that Pattern will get always the same Sounds on its Tracks.

Thanks

Maybe I am not understanding completely what you need…
So I assume (sorry for this if it’s not the case) that you are not really conscious of how A4/AK manages relationships between Sounds/Kits/Patterns.

A Track (and its Sound) is “locked” to a Kit not to a Pattern.
Then a Kit is “locked”, better, linked to a Pattern or multiple Patterns.

If you want a specific Pattern to play always that Kit, so, that Sound in a Track, you have to save that Kit and be sure to do not use it for another Pattern where you might end up modifying it…
If the latter happens, then, you have huge probability to have modified that Sound you wanted to stay there for that “first” Pattern.

3 Likes

Thank You Sir, now i 100% understand what is going on. All i have to figure out now
is how to Lock/Link each pattern to a Kit…actually that was my original question
but you understood better then i asked.

Thanks

1 Like

It’s the other way around. There are always Patterns, they are fixed. Each pattern contains a link to a kit, there are always 128 Kits but they need not be used, whereas all patterns are constantly at hand. If you load a pattern and assign a kit, so long as there’s any content in the pattern the kit reference will be retained, the kit reference can be permanently retained by saving the pattern. There’s only one (or two) temp buffers for Kits assigned to patterns in an unsaved state so it’s always recommended to save the reference to the kit by saving the Pattern, obviously if the kit is changed it will be reflected in ll patterns linked with that kit, this includes the temporary state of the kit which can at all times be reloaded to its last saved state

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like