Adios, MD :((:

So I just sold my beloved MD. This was one piece of gear I always swore I would NEVER part with. But then the jones for an AR and A4 set in…and here I am with both of those and no MD. I should never say never. So I wouldn’t be surprised if I buy another one day…

But for now I’m very happy. Love the AR and I’m busy learning it. It’ll take a while to get it loaded with useful samples and find a workflow to put me on par with where I was at with the MD, but I’m excited for the process. And I sold it to a young woman who was very cool, and ecstatic about the process of learning the MD. So I feel very good about where it went!

Sound-wise I think I’m all set. I made sure to record all MD machines before selling so I that I can load the AR with its sounds. There are sonic pluses and minuses to each machine. The AR is hands down the winner for easy pitch/melodic manipulation; the MD kicks the AR’s ass for glitchy sounds. I did a cover of Autechre’s Cichli the other day as a means for learning my way around the A4 and AR…and just for fun. It was hard to resist the temptation to plug the MD back in because it would have been so much easier to get the drum sounds on the MD…

Anyway, bye MD. You are awesome.

Dear Zwolf … the MD will live on, in your mind, in your memories… in sequences and melodies created by you, which were sent out into the vastness of the universe…

the MD is grateful to have been of service, and shall now live on to service another human being to become a musical artist …

you will meet again

This is what it’s all about. And someday she’ll be in the same position to pass it on again. Keepin’ the positive vibes flowing.