Advance DFAM clock with Digitakt by sending MIDI messages to Poly 2

Hey, is it possible to advance the clock of the DFAM by sending MIDI messages to Poly 2 ?

I can’t figure it for now.

I am sending : clock, transport, and program ch.
I am using output to “MIDI+USB”.

I don’t have DFAM or Poly 2 but it looks as if “Notes” mode in Poly 2 is the easiest way to do this. You can send, say, a C MIDI note message, and if gate output 1 goes to your DFAM’s Adv/Clk input, it should work.

It’s exactly what I am doing now but for some reasons it’s not working (even if my DFAM sequence has been manually activated by pressing the run button). I am missing something.

I’m sure I don’t have to tell you how to debug: check that the proper message is being sent (a MIDI monitor or something else receiving), check that a gate is coming out (by sending that signal to a scope or another module).

1 Like

I have connected a Minitaur to the USB ouput of the Digitakt and it is playing the MIDI sequence perfectly so I think its the parameters of the Poly 2 I have to check again.

Ok so I can advance the clock of the Dfam with ableton by using the second USB input (USB type-B port) of the Poly 2.

But if I use the USB Host (type-A Host port (+5V)) with the Digitakt it’s not working.

Solved!

I had to use a midi to usb cable. The first one I used did not work.
I had to use with the USB Host of the Poly 2 a specific one: a Roland MIDI interface.

For some reason the usb connection is not working between the Poly 2 and the Digitakt. I still cant figure if it’s my fault. (On the Digitakt: I am using in MIDI Settings output to “MIDI+USB”).

It’s possibly a USB cable issue. I’ve had various components be quite finicky as to what cable I was using. I don’t know what the cheap ones lack.