AH in OB mode also as a standalone effect for OT

I’m using my AH as send and return for Live using OB. But I also sometimes want to use it as S&R for my OT as a standalone.

However the problem is that once AH is connected to OB the IOs get routed to the DAW and not through the fx chain.

This is nice behaviour most of the time. But is it possible to turn this off?

I can of course just unplug the UDB cord from my AH, but I’m hoping I can do this without changing any cables.

I actually figured it out and just throwing this out there if someone has this question in the future.

In the AH plugin settings in Live, set “Analog In/Out” to “In + Out”. That will make the AH send both the physical inputs as well as the virtual inputs from the DAW through the signal chain.

Hmmm… this is interesting. I am so happy with the AH and OB workflow right now! The sound is super clear compared to when I used to use a soundcard to record from the AH. I really hope everyone finds their own template in their DAW.
The only problems I have had were dropouts after hours (7-8) of recording, but I think that is my fault, because I also have a bunch of stuff running in the background like my browser, messaging apps… Once I close all programs accept Ableton, things run way smoother.
I am running Win10 on a i7 laptop with only 8gig of ram… So, wow, this is the future of recording.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. This OB concept is blowing my mind! I’m able to record all the tracks of my Elektron devices (except OT), and to do send and return to the AH. And I’m able to hook up legacy equipment (old synths’n’stuff) to the inputs of my Elektron gear and utilise them as high quality audio interfaces. Aaaaand I can route audio from any device directly to AR for sampling (I use a return channel in Live for that)… and once I hook my OT to the output of the AH, I can send audio from any device in my Live mixer, to the OT inputs for sampling!

To get all of this flexibility with hardware alone would require a pretty massive mixer, endless amounts of cords, and much more space. Loving it! :slight_smile:

Now we just need an updated OT to master the dream studio setup.

1 Like

Wow, would that be an undertaking…But, I might sell my soul for it if it happened. Imagine being able to drop VST effect into a neighbor track…Man, just thinking about that hurts.
I’m fine with this. Haven’t recorded this much in years. It’s just too easy.