AI generated art

Since I have already send some to some fellow 'nauts, I also want to give others the chance:
I still have 10 invites for midjourney left, and if you are interested you can use one of the links below.

I am neither affiliated with midjourney, nor do I think that one should be totally uncritical to AI generated content, but I have already given away some to some friends and still there is 10 of them in my hand…

They will be only active for 24h
So: First come, first serve :slight_smile:

/edit

I figured out that I can also just add them here:

3 Likes

Thank you for the invite. That is very nice. I am definitely considering it, although I don’t have a ton of time at the moment to fully explore. If there are some open in a little bit, I will probably have some fun with it and give it a spin on some light hearted images tonight to pair with my cocktails. I have enjoyed seeing what others have come up with so far.

1 Like

Ah fuck it, I grabbed the last one on your list, ending in 318. I just saw Guided By Voices live so my ears are still ringing, the Tequila is now joining the beer, and Midjourney looks fun.

2 Likes

This Midjourney is just plain fun. I just threw a handful of variations of “Potato Vs. Stick” at it, and I got some interesting results. I can definitely see where a little nuance can go a long way, and I am still learning it all. Regardless, it is pretty cool.

Here are some pics:

4 Likes

I tend to distribute my credits depending on what I’m trying to do but actually I’ve found that anything beyond 400 iterations can be wasted on most concepts!

My tip would be to start with spending 1 or 2 credits and evolve it if worthwhile.

Sometimes the high-iteration renders get a bit carried away and it can feel like a waste. I almost always choose a frame from earlier in the process as the one to keep.

1 Like

I had to try with MJ. I put in…

Midjourney becomes self aware.

I like how it gave itself a face.

[what is the U1, U2, V1, V2 stuff? I think I get it now. It took a little for the results of the UV stuff]

2 Likes

U = Upscale
V = Variant

The numbers correlate to each image in the grid

It’s all a tad obtuse haha. There is a useful introduction somewhere, possibly in a help channel or getting started or similar!

Some of those are amazing!

2 Likes

Very 60’s/70’s sci fi art. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh that’s a good thing to include as a prompt actually! A friend shared something that also inspired me to spend some time attempting to generate cross-sections, a project for later I think!

1 Like

Frankenstein’s monster as a baby, oil painting.

4 Likes

So noble! I like the first one with the sausage arms

1 Like

This prompt builder can be a good help for anyone struggling to work with it :slight_smile:

Also their official FAQ, especially the imagine parameters and image input per URL are important to know.

Generative artist Dan Catt also made a sweet video on how midjourney works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Created somethign for the next video synthesis session!

4 Likes

7 Likes

Camera screenshots from the dev team?
At least we now know what sex the AI is.

1 Like

that’s also what I thought :smiley:

1 Like

The receding hairline definitely implies developer

2 Likes

Potato art is my jam, this one isn’t for the feint of heart but how about…

Steve Buschemi as a disgusting potato. In the style of a hyperreal Ren and Stimpy close-up

6 Likes

“Electronic circuits made from plants”

9 Likes