5 Likes

Thank you! :+1:

1 Like

7 Likes

Ok I think I’m done for today :flushed:

13 Likes

Damn these are some cool ones, I will have to look into midjourney

2 Likes

So now also the 4 reserved ones have gone, therefore also these invites are available and valid for the next 24h

now all my invites are gone and I know that I gave them away before they are cancelled :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Thanks again!

1 Like

What I didn’t expect was how entertaining it would be. I had a lot of fun playing around with it, and then watching what others were coming up with in real-time. If you think about what you would spend at a movie theater for a couple hours, or spend similar time and money going to town on Midjourney, for me that is a viable entertainment option. I could also see games being created around it.

3 Likes

Same here - once I was in a topic-specific room I even had other users upscaling and adding variants to my images - which made for an interesting collaborative experience. Also saved me some credits haha

But I must admit I was tempted to do the same to others - you see the potential!

2 Likes

Oh wow, cool idea jumping in on others art as well. Great idea.

I bought in at the basic level with 200 images a month but once you see that kind of activity it makes the unlimited option mighty tempting!

I suspect that would turn it into too much of a time-suck for me though… limiting myself is a good idea.

The daily theme channel is a fun idea too.

2 Likes

Question about pricing, does upscaling cost credits also?

There’s probably better information somewhere but from what I can tell yes it has a cost, upscaling is the same as the initial generation, with variants being cheaper.

The pricing is actually based on ‘GPU/hour’, which is why it’s ‘~200’ images and not exactly 200 I guess.

Based on this quote I’m assuming variation commands are fairly cheap but upscales not. This correlates with how fast these actions are as well from what I’ve seen (variants are made quickly).

One hour is roughly 60 image generation or upscale commands and roughly 200 image variation commands.

The basic plan has 200 gpu-minutes/mo.

If anyone has better info please share!

1 Like

I actually only use the unlimited plan in /relax mode for experimenting, and when I really focus on smth. I switch to /fast.

At this moment I am only using it for inspiration, textures in other applications or for fun, but also having a workshop with kids soon, where we encourage them to use it for quick generating of environments as part of a transmedia storytelling / worldbuilding task in a school project :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, sounds like great idea there with the kids. I bet they will love it.

2 Likes

5 Likes

They do!
I should mention that they are also over 18, since the results can get uncanny very quickly :rofl:

Anyhow some of them are into Metal and love it very much

1 Like

Midjourney fights Dall-E 2

4 Likes

Midjourney self portrait, oil on canvas.

I can’t help but think, giving it these prompts, if they are helping it get an image of itself :slight_smile:

3 Likes

1980’s home movie footage of a couple’s last time together

5 Likes