AI generated art

Depends on how the AI is trained to be processing the source samples from DJ Shadow, I guess. But seriously, sampling in this AI context is a good comparison though, haven’t thought of that.

With digital artists, I’ve seen the term “photobashing” thrown around quite frequently – maybe that’s a similar practice.

edit: similar practice to sampling, I mean – still not sure how to compare AI

These AI’s (or at least the more sophisticated ones) use existing imagery to learn and understand the relationship between description and what’s rendered, and to look for patterns etc. - but they’re not creating imagery by combining other images together.

It’s more like if you have an AI listen to a musician, and then create a piece of music using the same structure and artistic style as that artist. It wouldn’t be sampling from their existing work, just drawing inspiration from it.

1 Like

It seems to me that AI is closer to some forms of autism than it is to human inteligence . It observes , discovers patterns / algorythms , replicates … but has no concept of the emotions , meaning or certain nuances involved . And as nice (technical) as some of those images are … there is a certain creepyness present in most of them even the ones where normal keywords were inputted. Ofcours this will be finetuned in the future , but i’m not looking forward (but they certainly will) to seeing these images pup up in publicities etc …

Indeed! It was fine in its earlier days, but the last time I used it, an ad came out at almost every prompt. Well, the cost of having it free. By the way, some early “presets” are gone too, I believe.

It seems that they’re really putting in the time on Midjourney. Dream it seem like they make small algorithms which basically acts as filters and the word limit on prompts really stiffens any real way of generating more precise imagery

4 Likes

We can turn this into a guessing game :joy: :joy:

So what did i type to get these images above ??

2 Likes

Black and white Steven Tyler eating a yellow banana

Edit: No wait, Steven Tyler eating a banana in the style of Schindler’s List

1 Like

:joy:

That’s definetly Mick Jagger though

2 Likes

Mic Jagger goes on a date with Andy Warhol?

1 Like

Mick Jagger eating a banana and turning into Steven Tyler

2 Likes

Close , but no sigar … it was “Mick Jagger eating a banana” :joy: :joy: Even AI , knows Steven Tyler is a poor man’s Jagger … not so bad after all :rofl: :rofl:

Shizzle is gonna haunt me in my dreams though …

2 Likes

“what´s next, elektron?”

-> elektron style synthesizer grooveboxes

4 Likes

It knows the people want ALL the buttons and knobs

Totally agree, most ai art makes for perfect cover art.
The images look interesting, artistic and have enough details to look like someone put in real effort.
( that’s sad for real artists, though, sorry)
It was actually of my first thoughts when I saw the post and tried different ais myself.

Just put on some cool typo and your ready to go.

3 Likes

These are actually pretty sick. In the same vein as other stuff. But it werks with these.

Very cool

1 Like

I had the feeling the other day that we are all basically living like cavemen right now, and in the not-so-distant future (maybe even within our lifetimes) we are going to be living in a totally different world unimaginable to us right now. That or we are going to extinct ourselves in one way or another. We either live in one of the most exciting times in human history or one of the lamest…

3 Likes

If we don’t reduce numbers, instead of multiplying, we WILL become extinct.

We are the same animals we’ve always been, worry more about the people who use technology to control you, society doesn’t vary much in behavior and those who sell you a utopian future push for the most dystopian now.

2 Likes