AI generated art

!

6 Likes

4 Likes

Director Keith Schofield’s AI stuff is amazing…

2 Likes

Stable diffusion model hijacked for music … crazy.

Just ordered this bad boy from Thomann.ai :wink:

9 Likes

Nice, a bbeflosorri

7 Likes

Fun times with art critics trying to tell the difference between human made and AI made artworks of similar styles…

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CndIBejvE1q

2 Likes

I think the “rise of ai generated art” leads in the end to more appretiation of real artists who make real pictures. I for myself enjoy fiddling with things around. I know, someone can craft beatiful images with complex prompts, but real is for real.

1 Like

Is it specific to synth forums that most the AI art posted looks like shitty album covers of prog rock bands?

“Creating artwork / music that replicates the style of specific artists.” Yeah its an AI thing , never heard of any artists doing that. As a “real musician” i will sue Garage Band i guess. Im sorry i think its just a tool like everything else.

1 Like

Oh, like paying for music made with hardware by humans?

I’m not sure the music making AI is quite there yet :slight_smile: But yes soon commercial musicians may find themselves with fewer jingle jobs for sure!

1 Like

As much as I support this case and also see a lot of artists that I really dig in their list, I have to express that it really bothers me that it’s always exclusively about Intellectual Property and the dependency on (artificial) scarcity as a means of making a living as an artist. I would rather love to talk about stereotypes and xenophobia in AI art models, accessibility and how to ethically solve the issue of exploitation instead of thinking about censorship and exclusivity.

4 Likes

These programs might as well just be some new artist that has come up that is really good at using other people’s styles and building upon them.

Once you look at these AI as just another artist that has appeared in the medium, it’s really not a big deal.

1 Like

There is AI generated code too. As a software developper i have been testing chat GPT just for fun.
I have a Java App that i needed to migrate to MS Adal to MSAL. It worked quite well !!!
So im concerned too i guess.
I think Ai is becoming a big thing like the internet was in the day, cant go back…
I have the same concerns as : arctor023 though.

1 Like

I get your point but it doesn’t seem to differentiate between good graphic design and medicore. Not every album cover is a jingle but I should know better than to debate visual ascetics on synth forum.

2 Likes

Very true but that’s the point I believe we’ve reached which is what I was getting at I guess. The stuff the AI is making is very good. You might not choose to view an AI portrait in a gallery but it looks dope-ass wraped around a record.

To be fair album covers aren’t the best example of utilitarian art in graphic design (i.e. to compare to a jingle) - it’s just something I personally identified as it being very well positioned for - it’s the vibe I get from a lot of the stuff I was exploring. It just churns them out so effortlessly - and there are a lot of junk, human made album covers out there!

1 Like

Fair enough Nate. It’s hard to argue with someone who is so dang cheery!

1 Like

haha or basically anywhere in my experience :rofl: I think it’s interesting to hear peoples perspectives on this subject as I think we’ve reached an interesting point with it all

2 Likes