Leia holding a baguette

A robot

made with craiyon and a site called Waifu2x to upscale them a little

4 Likes

Hey Waifu2x works pretty well on those will have to try that

2 Likes

Thought this one was quite cool. Made with starryai

11 Likes

AI answers the question, How do i make art while striping away all the therapeutic properties of doing so. Lol. Still fun tho.

3 Likes

It’s a unique artistic experience for sure lol

When using the more advanced AI’s with various prompts etc. it starts to feel more like art direction - except AI’s are better behaved than humans.

I suspect careers in the creative arts of the future will involve collaboration with these kinds of systems, as anything else would be wildly inefficient.

Those are lovely by the way

3 Likes

1 Like

The last minute of this music video is all AI generated:

image image

On the first picture it is supposed to be an OT. Can’t copy the OT!

3 Likes

end

I really liked this pass as well which was one of the first:
end2

5 Likes

Might as well kick the “producer” or “artist” out of the picture and turn it into an app or something. Like a Spotify - A.I. Edition.

On this subject:

“On the one hand, complexity science and enactive and embodied cognitive science approaches emphasize that people, as complex adaptive systems, are ambiguous, indeterminable, and inherently unpredictable. On the other, Machine Learning (ML) systems that claim to predict human behaviour are becoming ubiquitous in all spheres of social life. I contend that ubiquitous Artificial Intelligence (AI) and ML systems are close descendants of the Cartesian and Newtonian worldview in so far as they are tools that fundamentally sort, categorize, and classify the world, and forecast the future. Through the practice of clustering, sorting, and predicting human behaviour and action, these systems impose order, equilibrium, and stability to the active, fluid, messy, and unpredictable nature of human behaviour …”

Also, just to further play Devil’s (Human’s) advocate - this was created in 1974 purely from imagination:

5 Likes

Low res version of one of my favs (slightly better res here).

2 Likes

i’m still a novice coder but this idea now has a beta version, an AI generated maze lateral thinking puzzle game. might be too hard to be any fun… let me know how many Humanculi you achieve.

mac: humanculusv1a.zip - Google Drive

pc: humanculusv1a – Google Drive

2 Likes

This is fun - but way beyond my abilities haha - works well I recon a puzzle addict would eat this up

Rare footage of a politician consuming the soul of an innocent

4 Likes

Dall-E Mini sucks

amber heard beetlejuice dall-e mini 1 amber heard beetlejuice dall-e mini 2 amber heard beetlejuice dall-e mini 3 amber heard beetlejuice dall-e mini 4 amber heard beetlejuice dall-e mini 5 amber heard beetlejuice dall-e mini 6

i am starting to appreciate the way it just mangles faces though. i added “chill” & “excitement” to some of these^ which helped a lot

i wish someone used Dall-E 2 during the early Syntakt Trademark Speculation thread days. could have saved us a lot of trouble with our prediction illustrations:

1 Like

I mean I wouldn’t have given him a spacesuit, but it works

3 Likes

i’ve only managed to solve it once… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Horace Bonson

1 Like

Eric Wayne has written a (very long) essay about the impact of AI generated visuals on artists work conditions.

I also appreciate Curtis Holt’s view on that matter.

my personal thoughts on AI generated visuals.

Personally I don’t want to either turn into a stupid Neo-Luddite, rejecting everything that could potentially improve life on earth just because it is to abstract for me to grasp.

But being totally ignorant to the very real dangers of AI is also no option, since it is very clear how data security, personal rights and extremely biased “standards” in AI models are already a threat and slowly emerging to some kind of “normalization” through toxic positivity views on new tech.

All this also reflects in midjourney and DALL E 2, since those two are the most “famous” amongst visual content generation throght prompts. Both are very clear about Intellectual property:

midjourney owns everything you generate, without any exceptions. You can distribute your work commercially, but everything that is up to 20K in price has to be paid by 20% in revenue.

DALL E 2 on the other hand is not for commercial use at all.

In that regard it is somehow weird that both platforms have paid subscription conditions (DALL E 2 is switching to a “paid by prompt” model soon): You pay them for improving their AI models and optimizing the results, while you are not allowed to claim any kind of ownership to anything that is based on their outcome.

That being said I am actually…very addicted to it at this very moment :joy:

I use it to get inspired, try out new ideas and styles in my visual art.

Also it is brilliant for concept design and moodbook styles for pitchings and presentations.

AI is already doing a lot of very useful things in my everyday work: Temporary Super Resolution, AI Denoising and so many more things are essential in working with 3D and realtime rendering like Unreal Engine or Blender/C4D/etc.

Also it is important to note that these models are still in a very early stage: They are exclusively pixel based, therefore there is no real “vector” based AI that could build really unique works by itself that can be scalable and totally independent from storage.

Anyhow here some of my first attempts to AI generated visuals:

deep rainforest with river in the style of tomas sanchez

perfect black obelisk in the middle off a deep rainforest jungle

Some self portraits:

cyberpunk blade runner look

full body shot

dystopian cyberpunk blade runner style

neon light background

find more in my gallery

9 Likes

It’s interesting that bellow this text that expose some very legitimate reservations on the technology, you show that you fed the beast with your own face.

I wouldn’t give anything to it, personally. Haven’t and won’t.
Especially anything personal.

2 Likes