AKAI Force

Maybe it’ll use one of the newer 8-core ARM SOCs.

Hopefully we’ll see these AIR synths soon:
https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=196579

How’s your new Force treating you?

I’m really liking the Force to go Dawless. But I’m very worried about the 2GB Ram limit for audio. Actually iys only a portion ofnthat reserved for audio, I do a lot of guitars, bass, etc, and from what im reading it’s easy to hit that limit. That’s a deal breaker in my case. Can anyone clarify?. Can you do a whole song with multiple audio tracks?. I mean large stems, not tiny loops… Cheers!

According to mpc tutor, it converts everything to 32bit

If you’re working with 44.1khz audio, it can store 53 minutes of stereo audio in memory (RAM), or 106 minutes of mono audio. This takes into account memory used for the OS and such.

I think you’ll be fine for a single song.

If you never break down the stems to shorter loops i dont think the Force is for you. I usually build my tracks from several 4 -8 - 16 bar loops of sampled hardware synths and never run into problems.

But i started on samplers with 1mb of memory, so i still have that kind of mentality to sampling. hehe.

Fuck sake - I managed to plug in the wrong power adapter, and now it doesn’t turn on at all. I figured I shorted it or best case took a fuse or something. So it doesn’t power on. Fuck sake. So fucking annoying. Not sure where to go from here - Akai isn’t known for the best customer support, I suppose.

Should’ve plugged in the one to the left, but plugged in the one to the right. Fuck me.

Ouch! From 19v to 42v might do some real damage! Is it bought originally in Norway?

Yup. :frowning: Evenstad Musikk, I think. So … fried main board? I mean … that’s gonna cost a bit, isn’t it?

Might not be that bad. Not sure what it looks like inside. Might be possible to replace a power related circuit board.

I have a question about exporting projects:

I’m working on a track on the Force which I want to collaborate on with a mate of mine who uses Ableton. My initial understanding was that I could export my project as an ALS file, which he could then open in Ableton, but it looks like the reality is that would include bouncing all my tracks to audio, or preserving the MIDI but losing all my processing. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

Also, does anyone know if there’s a way to export individual drum tracks pads as stems?

You can explode a drum kit. That would treat it as individual track, then export that?

Perfect, will give this a go. Cheers!

I dont think you can explode tracks on the Force. I think that is something you can do on the MPC and havent creeped over to the Force firmware yet.

Sigh, yeah I was just coming to that same conclusion. I guess I’ll have to duplicate the track a few times and mute certain pads to split it out into sub groups before bouncing to audio.

Yeah, if the ableton export doesnt work, i think that is the “best” way to do it.

Confirmed, no explode tracks on the Force and unfortunately exporting to Als bounces to audio.
And when exporting to als all audio routes to a bus won’t be exported…

Yeah, this is not what I had in mind when I read that I could export to ALS. Seems rather pointless to be honest. I was assuming it would somehow convert drum tracks to Ableton drum racks, with either stock or Air plugins. Maybe that was naive of me, but I’m struggling to see any value in the ALS export feature over just bouncing stems.

When importing an ALS file it does convert to drumgroups, so it is strange it doesnt do that the other way around.

I guess I should test it properly before talking shit lol.

I would separate the drum hits anyway when mixing in abelton, you could still group them for bus processing.

You could export to mpc software and open that as VST in Abelton live? I did not try that, but that is how it works with NI Maschine.