Akai MPC Keys 61

Ave Mcree, youtuber

1 Like

This is the video he posted in response to Benn Jordanā€™s review of the MPC Keys. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with it mainly because he was being dismissive of the problems Benn Jordan was having which were mostly related to the unit being buggy, but Ave just blamed everything on user error despite the fact that Benn Jordan has used MPCs in the past and is also accomplished much more outside of YouTube for his music.

Ultimately heā€™s a YouTuber that makes typical types of gear videos and found his corner with the MPC lineup and mostly makes videos on the MPC. People started calling him a shill but thatā€™s probably been compounded by the fact that heā€™s very quick to offer criticism to lots of different devices except MPC.

Hereā€™s a good summation of the whole events of them going back and forth if YouTube drama gives you passing entertainment.

Benn released a video a day or two ago that showed how his new unit works a lot better and showed a more positive approach on how he can use it but still wonā€™t be useful for the way he wanted it to be (live performance).

1 Like

Benn & Ave are really missing this opportunity, they have the chance to bring something different to the music gear youtuber worldā€¦ they should be doing thisā€¦

they should only review gear they disagree about and do it together

3 Likes

If you own anything that doesnā€™t say MPC, I hate you then!!

Mineā€™s called M.P. Clive the 2nd.
Also own a digitĆ³nĆ© by digiorno. And an anal OG fo Uā€™re. And an anal OG he ate it 2. And some other great you wouldnā€™t know. But mainly Clive.

1 Like

Ben Jordan is one of my favorite youtubers, love him.

1 Like

They live a few miles apart too. It might work.

I could see a video with them both laying on couches, BoBeats in a nice sweater acting as marriage counsellor.

2 Likes

I could see Bo as a therapist.

1 Like

Think of my office as a nest. A tree of trust and understanding. We can say anything here.

2 Likes

"The other night, we went to an electronic show at a local venue. Which was lovely.

But then I saw the performers and I started wondering about their setupā€¦ Maybe they had a Digitakt. Or a Rytm. Or maybe something really cool that I donā€™t even know aboutā€¦

And then Iā€¦ what, I thought we were in the trust tree? Er, the nest?"

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

They probably live in Buckhead or somethingā€¦ I grew up off of memorial and mlkā€¦ I donā€™t think people like this are the coolā€¦ argue over sillynessā€¦ and make money fromā€¦ wellā€¦ nevermindā€¦ I donā€™t want to sound angryā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s ok. Share your feelings with the group. Everyoneā€™s voice is valued here.

We see you.

Spent years off of Dekalb Ave in 4th ward, and a bit off of blvd. Up in Sandy Springs now.

I think he is a therapist outside of this, as far as I know.

what, they should def do a McCree & Jordan or Jordan & McCree show then, and just let their natural chemistry run the showā€¦ they donā€™t have to be friends to make ends :grin:

Shame about the Keys drama, MPC live was their first respectable model since the 4000. I thought they were on the up and up.

Would the world be a better place if the MPCKeys was currently unreleased and still in R&D?

Drama is a bit overblown. If you watch the second video, Benn was reviewing a faulty unit. His new one worked. Not perfect, but more expected.

2 Likes