Akai MPC Keys 61

This whole mpcgate had been hilarious… so many people are using it to push a agenda, like you see with these last posts basically taking it like it was a given that it is basically non-functional… when really it was a faulty unit and he had admitted now that it works fine, he’s said it just won’t work for his " very specific use case" whatever that means…
Another YouTube “personality” took it not working for his “use case” as him saying " it sounds like crap compared to his montage" , when in reality he never said that, and actually said he was blown away by the sounds and recommends the stage series plug ins as amazing stand ins…
So just goes to show, never let a good controversy go to waste… this had really shown a lot of people’s true colors, and how biased so many are against the mpc… some people just loathe that it exists… I think that is very telling too… it is almost too much of a all in one, some hate the idea of just needing it and nothing else I think.

2 Likes

i guess it’s just the territory that comes with that kind of legacy, when you’ve been a staple of tried, tested, and successful production methods for so long…

1 Like

when he dropped the baseline I died :grin:

I might wanna hook one of these up to the mpc one

I’m calling it now, next will be a portable force keys… it makes too much sense. Plus they didn’t design a brand new premium mini keybed for just this thing…

wait what would a force keys look like , you mean like an mpc keys but with 64 force pads instead?.. but how would that be portable?

About as portable as the mpc live 2, the pads would be on one side probably like the mock up they did, just much smaller keys and a battery. Idk, we will see…
I just think it makes sense because the keys are exactly half the amount of pads, and the force hasn’t got the new plug ins yet, they are more for keys and Peele have been asking for a portable mini key mpc… but force makes a lot more sense I think.

1 Like

imo not making a Force mini is like trying your hardest not to get rich…

Sampling before the MPC Keys, wut had happin’ wuz…

2 Likes

What have MPCKeys users been up to the past few months? Seems quiet around these parts. Or is the haps on the Keys over in the MPC thread?