Akai MPC Keys 61

After the mess that was Machine Minus, No thanks.

Yes, already available on the Mpc store. I’m in love with the opx4

You will not like it. This is the same Mpc engine you didn’t like before with a keyboard built in. Trust me. If you didn’t like the Mpc before, you won’t now.
I’m not a hater, huge Mpc fan here, but this won’t change your mind.

4 Likes

:point_up_2:

1 Like

Gently seconded. Lack of clip-based workflow is also going to be a huge hurdle for you, given how much you like the BlackBox/Ableton approach (and which is why I love Ableton).

Edit: The Force, on the other hand… :laughing:

1 Like

An MPC is an MPC is an MPC is an MPC…

1 Like

Nah nah!

I’m sure this time will be different!

Else, new posts in a few more weeks again.

Now we’re talking :fist_right:t2::fist_left:t2:

1 Like

You’ll be paying £1700 for a Frankenstein’s monster of a device with too few hands-on controls and then plugging your equally enormous Prophet into it to get the sound you want, all the time looking wistfully at the Blackbox across the room and thinking about how it’s 1/100th of the size and you still prefer its touchscreen.

5 Likes

If you buy it, you wont make posts after posts about if you should buy it.

That means traffic of this website will go down and so will the monies.

People will lose their jobs and kids will starve.

DO YOU WANT THAT?!

2 Likes

Sort of reminds me of the digitone keys as an idea. Didnt really take off as a concept.

Holy shit!

OP4 slaps! Did you get it for free? (as you seem to have it earlier)

I’ll be getting this as a second midi keyboard for my Force along with my Digitone Keys.

Just returned an MPC X as it’s just too darn big…loved it but too large.

Just ordered this as I don’t like modules, even MPC’s, but love the MPC sequencer…so this and a hydrasynth…and I"m, uh, done for awhile!

Whoa. You guys really talked me out of it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We’re on your side, you’re an Elektronaut after all.

4 Likes

And any time you get the urge, be it a few days, weeks or months,

We"ll be here to keep discouraging you.

Just like we always have.

5 Likes

So the keys comes with the same exact plugins as the live/one/x and the new plug-ins need to be purchased separately?

No, Keys comes with the plugs.

2 Likes

So, if you already have an MPC (One/Live/X) and buy the Keys too, do you get to install the plugins to your old MPC too? That’s a question I’d like to know the answer for. I’m already tempted by the keys, but if buying it meant that I’d get new synths for my Live II too, it’d sweeten the deal even further.

1 Like