Alesis Quadraverb, Midiverb etc

Im not sure if it’s forgotten and not as old as qadraverb but the Zoom CDR 70 stomp box. It’s stereo, it’s pretty lofi, you chain up various reverbs/delays/chorus ect. most designed after classic stomp boxes. Lots of fun imo and very cheap.

6 Likes

You dont have to. People love all sorts of gear that I wouldn’t piss on if it was on fire. But hey, each to their own right?

I have a Quadraverb, I like it alot. Sure I could live without it, but I really like what it does to my sounds. Cant say the same for more modern “better” reverbs.

4 Likes

Thanks for this link. Ironically, I just bought an Alesis HR-16 on the cheap and might want to pimp it out. And, yes, I dig Alesis drum machines but not a huge fan of their FX devices.

1 Like

Very nice!
Do you have a picture of yours with the new screen? (:slight_smile:

Probably thinking about you and missing the times you two use to spend together.

1 Like

sad

1 Like

Here ya go, straight on and off axis photos

The photos don’t really do it justice, it’s much nicer and crisper irl.

Also, this is my favourite config: ring mod into delay with reverb

4 Likes

I got a Circuit Benders one too – awesome upgrade and very easy to install. Also got a new PSU from a German online retailer for 50e or so. The thing looks and sounds brand new now!

1 Like

Hell yeah! Thanks. Looks very nice :ok_hand:t2:

Yup, replacing the original bulky PSU with a new, quieter one is essential. Even the ones I owned in the 90’s was a PSU buzz fest!

Smaller and silent :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone else try to score on shopgoodwill only to find every item you did on goes for the same price or sometimes more than on reverb?

1 Like

My Midiverb II turned up, the unit looks like it survived the seller’s woeful packaging job but the earth pin of the PSU has snapped off. Naturally being Alesis it’s a weird PSU and, being me, it’s the earlier, more awkward to replace 3.5mm jack version as well.

Has anyone in the UK replaced one of these and can recommend something to get please? Is the Microverb PSU the same? All the Midiverb II ones I can find are the barrel plug version.

Edit: Not really sure if just buying the barrel plug one and lobbing an adapter on would work either because I can’t find the PSU specs of either the earlier or later version in the manuals posted online. Hmm.

Edit 2: Ah, found this one from the same seller mentioned above. Might grab a Quadraverb one too while I’m at it though I didn’t immediately notice much buzz with the original.

My brother fell in with some Ferrari owner types. They were giving me guff over my Miata. I challenged them to race me. They refused after I told them it would have to be NASCAR rules.

The beauty of the world of effects (and any other music gear) is you can get great results from an Eventide H9000 and you can get great results from an Alesis Wedge.

My Wedge will never become obsolete even with my newer, boutique-ier pedals and gear.

4 Likes

Could you please tell me if the noise is a constantly present, obvious type thing or if it only shows up in certain scenarios?

I just temporarily set mine up again to test (everything I have is in a scattered state of disarray ATM) and it’s dead silent even with the inputs and outputs maxed. Not a peep on the spectrogram either, it’s actually more impressive than plenty of newer stuff I’ve seen.

Wondering if it’s something that inevitably happens to the PSU with use (this one seems barely touched) or if I might as well just stick with it even though I’m ordering a Midiverb PSU from the same place.

I do have a new LCD coming from Circuitbenders, good timing on that one as I had an REX50 in with him getting modded.

The light buzzing sound comes from the PSU itself and does not come through on the audio outputs.

If you have a quiet studio or the PSU is on a hard surface (like a table or wooden floor), then it becomes more noticeable.

The one I currently own, is my third model and I know of other owners and the PSU’s have all buzzed.

Ah OK, cheers! I’m on carpet here so probably why I’ve not noticed, if it’s not affecting the output I’ll probably save myself the £20 :slight_smile:

I’ve been picking up Midiverbs and Quadraverbs cheap for the last 14 years, all costing between 20 and 80 Euros. I think they have increased somewhat recently, people seem to be asking 150-200 Euros around here now.

Got hold of a few 3630s too in the last couple of years as well, at an average price of 20-ish Euros. A couple of them were literally free.

A fun one, this “Final Edition” Quadraverb is one of the last 100 which were ever produced, as signified by the engraved face plate and the boot sequence text in the display.

12 Likes

Been after a Quadraverb for a while but kept getting out bidden on ebay,
Anyway last week there was one for sale on ebay with a broken screen I won that one, by the time I payed for a new screen it cost me £80, whilst I was waiting for the Quadraverb to arrive off ebay another Quadraverb turned up local on facebook marketplace for £40 again with a broken screen I couldn’t resist buying that, as you can see in the picture only half the screen works, I’ll order a new screen next payday.

Its cool feeding one into the other, another good reason to have two is that if one breaks you can probe about with a multi-meter on the PCB taking measurements on the working one and A/B it with the broken one to find the fault.

looking on ebay at the prices today, your talking anything from £185 to £300, crazy indeed.

8 Likes

Just bought a 3630 for $58. Thanks for the reminder.

4 Likes

Picked up a nice quiet PSU for my Wedge thanks to this thread and I am loving it. I can see why these in particular are getting more expensive, the editing is loads of fun.

5 Likes