Alesis Quadraverb, Midiverb etc

Do you or anyone else know of an editor that works? I could still make use of mine for the time being till I get round to replacing the battery if I could just edit it remotely.

I have not used one for it, but apparently MidiQuest works for Qaudraverb and it should work in modenr OSā€™s.

Iā€™ve been enjoying rack units lately for guitar and was thinking of grabbing a Quadraverb at some point for the My Bloody Valentine wall of sound thing. Just wondering if you can go direct in with a guitar and into the front of an amp as I donā€™t have an effects loop on my amp.

1 Like

I havenā€™t tried mine with a guitar, but they are high impedance inputs - the manual says 500KĪ© mono / 1MĪ© stereo. My guess is it might be a bit noisy, but you generally donā€™t use a Quadraverb becasue you love nice clean signalsā€¦

1 Like

Thereā€™s also a QuadraVerb GT which was meant for guitar players.

https://sonicstate.com/digital/model.cfm?modelID=197&catid=10&manid=4&manuf=4

"Basically a Quadraverb+ with an analog preamp section tacked on for guitar effects.

This unit allows you to have 11 simultaneous effects (6 analog + 5 digital). Its preamp section is geared towards guitarists, but it is great for adding the extra grit to keyboards or drums."

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™ll keep a look out. The stuff Iā€™ve been reading now about the internal batteries needing to be changed is kind of scaring me off at the moment. Perhaps if I come across one that has been recently serviced.

Does someone know where European compatible PSU are available ? Thereā€™s UK PSU on eBay /Amazon , but Iā€™d like to avoid buying an adapter just for that .

My second QV (first was problematic) came with a barrel adapter for the power input, which is really useful as I can swap in any compatible PSU. Sadly itā€™s just a generic little adapter with no identifying info, but if you can source it as a part then itā€™s a great addition. Iā€™m not sure if the QV uses a custom port, but the fact this adapter exists suggests perhaps notā€¦

Thank you Iā€™ll look for that !

I donā€™t suppose itā€™s enormously useful, but hereā€™s a pic of mine - itā€™s a four-pin DIN connection. The other end is just a standard female barrel connector.

1 Like
2 Likes
5 Likes

Damn. Iā€™ve been using one of these for like 25 years and didnā€™t know you could do this. Nice find.

The resonators are only on the QuadraVerb Plus, right?

Iā€™ve never picked up a Quadra or MIDI verb but that vide is making me take a long look at the nonlinear filters and 3 band parametric EQ in the MIDI spec sheet for my old Boss RV-70.

1 Like

Hello, I just stumbled across some information regarding QV PSUs in another forum that could be useful for solid DIY solutionsā€¦ itā€™s basically about how those 4-pin connectors are wired and how make use of a more standard AC/AC PSU.

https://bit.ly/3hCllxS (not sure whether the link is allowed, but letā€™s try)

Iā€™m selling one :slight_smile:

1 Like

So cool, thank you !

Thanks for doing the leg work, Iā€™m interested in a comparison as well. Iā€™ve been using a wedge as my mixer aux send with my modular for pleasant background ambience for a year or two. Very pleased with it, and have always been curious how/if it sounds much different from the other Alesis units.

Looks like the new ALM MFX has a Quadraverb emulation in it. I love my Quadraverb, but I may pick one of these up to see how it sounds, not just for the Quadraverb emulation, but the other types of FX it has in it as well. Itā€™s stereo and the small size is a plus as well. There are lots of reverb emulations of vintage or classic units, but you donā€™t see many based on the Quadraverb.

3 Likes