Alternatives to Faderfox

looks cool. would have to be used with a midi interface i guess in order to connect with my elektrons?

Like pretty much every MIDI controller, the MIDI Fighter Twister requires a USB host.

You can make your own with a Raspberry Pi:

https://neuma.studio/rpi-as-midi-host.html

I have a MIDI Fighter Twister and yes, it works with the OT. I believe @AdamJay still uses one in his setup.

1 Like

I’ve went to bat a few times for the Launchpad Pro Mk3 and I’ll do so again here.

2 MIDI outs, 1 MIDI in and the 8 custom mapping pages, plus the 4 polyphonic sequencers, make for a fantastic controller I think. Velocity-sensitive ‘faders’ are really fun - fun enough to represent a cool benefit/alternative to physical faders. A light tap producing a slow increase/decrease, a hard tap = fast, apply that to same philosophy to whatever you assign your custom mappings too and you can find yourself in some really fun, expressive places.

Lightly tap a ‘fader’ and while that’s fading in, you could move to another custom mapping, or focus on a sequencer etc etc.

I’ve been coming back a few times to consider this option but i have to say that without trying it it feels a bit prone to mistakes in live situation.
How easy would you say it is to recall which colored square do what?

1 Like

I think that’s a fair point and is sort of down to your own design and layout - either choosing to separate functions across the custom modes to avoid confusion or using colour-coding in a way that works best for you.

I’ve not had issues having used a combo of the above but it’s worth discussion for any controller that doesn’t have a screen.

If you’re willing to forgo rotaries then this faderbank might be perfect.

it’s also an open source diy project if you’d rather save money & build yourself

1 Like

Just ordered one. You should get a commission!

If it’s not working I’d make contact with Mathias. Everyone I know who’s had one for ages says they’re rock solid. I only had mine for a while, but I had zero issue setting them up from the controller and rock solid operation.

I’ve got an EC4 and UC4 - using them across a mix of A4/AR/OT/MD/various effect pedals. They work a treat.

The only slight gripe is that I wish I could assign multiple CC functions to the one function - but there is not really any box that does this.

Mathias is on here - I’ll see if I can find his user name. Might be a simple fix.

edit: his user name is faderfox….duh!

1 Like

your absolutely right … elektra one is by far the best midi controller I ever used. I can have setups with reliable text for everything… synths, ks for my string libraries, hx stomp

2 Likes

A midihub could probably help with this

1 Like

Legend, can’t believe I haven’t seen this yet. It’s perfect.

Hello! How is it the one you got? Have you used it with Elektron’s?
Thanks for insight

Here I am using it with the Deluge, which acts as a USB MIDI Hub, if you power the Deluge, therefore you don’t need to power it.

I am using the Deluge “Learn” for a simple ADSR control via the Intech Slider

1 Like