Always send midi in via the last selected midi track

Hello,

I’m using octa as an FX processor, sample playback-chopper, and recorder at the same time.
I get inputs A and B from my console’s AUX 1 & 2, and I get inputs C and D from my console’s subgroup output, this way each lane in my console can be either recorded (via the subgroup) or send to one or both of the octatrack effects via the AUX.

Recently I’ve taken to use the dark reverb for a lot of stuff, so I have it set in a THRU track for AUX1.
All of my synths are desktop versions (no keys), and I use the 8 midi channels to control them via a midi keyboard I have connected to the octa (the rest are daisy chained from octa’s midi out each on it’s own midi channel).

So here is my problem, I want to jam using the midi keyboard, and also tweak the parameters on the THRU track. However I couldn’t figure out a way to exit the MIDI mode and keep controlling the last active midi channel, instead the midi keys start tweaking octatrack’s functions (channel mute,recording toggle, e.t.c).

Is there a way to exit MIDI mode and have the midi notes coming to octatrack still affect the last midi channel I was on? Controlling track mute states and cues is much less usefull I would assume (since you can do that from octa just fine).

Thanks in advance for your time!