Ambient(ish) Cassette Labels

I’m on a warm fuzzy tape trip at the moment. Any recommendations?

The excellent Seil Records has had a few mentions around here… A lot of beautiful stuff on there.

Dauw & Bella Ursa also have some nice releases

Hook me up :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Please note slight associations/bias (more on this in the ‘release something in 2022’ thread soon!):

1 Like

Thanks for that, definitely one to keep an eye on… Amost everything has sold out at the moment. A good sign I guess. Good luck with the release, if that’s what you meant :tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, super short runs and one of those labels where they tell you about a release a month out and then really wanna buy day of release cos it just goes! But aye, and yes, thank you!

Satatuhatta but it’s harsh noise, not ambient

1 Like

Infinitely mellower please :wink:

I would check out the label “Archives” on Bandcamp. They have some great releases, especially from Warmth.

3 Likes

Cassauna from Important Records has some nice finds. They’re currently featuring a neat 1980s new age artist JD Emmanuel and have released Tony Rolando, Pauline Oliveros, and Harry Bertoia among others.

4 Likes

This is not a label… But sharing a recent discovery:

Dozens of 80s ambient cassettes.

7 Likes

Thanks for the awesome link! I have really been getting into this stuff lately since I started reading about Valley of the Sun after a recent reissue compilation.

1 Like
5 Likes

https://opentapes.com/

1 Like

Great this…

“Ultravillage is a (work-in-progress) guide to underground ambient, minimal, progressive electronic, and new age releases from approximately 1975 to 1995, covering primarily vinyl and cassette releases from the U.S. scene. The writers for this site are collectors and the material is geared to that community.”

https://instagram.com/ultravillage?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for all the tips… looking forward to exploring some of this stuff :green_heart:

I tried three times to post a link to my album in this playlist but it puts the wrong link every time, thanks YouTube. Anyways I did some cassettes in the 80s that are on YT

3 Likes

What was the title? I love Sounds of the Dawn’s endless treasure trove of amazing music.

He interviewed me, nice guy

2 Likes

Songs from Three Phases. My firs CD from 1994 Byzantium used to there too.

And thanks for asking

1 Like

Due to be released on cassette in the next 2 weeks.
:wink:

The excellent Duna by Thamel

1 cassette left.

I love me some warm fuzzy tapes, too!
Grabbed some from Waltz in Nakameguro. If you’re ever in Japan then this shop is :gem:

I’m looking forward to going through your work @psychetropic and reading more about Ultravillage.

4 Likes

Cassette prices on these labels are pretty variable, eh. Reaching vinyl levels in some cases