Analog four recording 5 tracks at the same time as i record 2 through the soundcard

Hi!

I have an Analog four hooked up to a Moog mother throgh cv. They play perfectly in sync. Then i have a Kick lancet cv:d from the analog four also in sync. I also have a korg monotribe synced from the mother. All is in sync ehen i play it.

The problem is when i record it. I have the mother goin in through the analog four. So five different tracks goin in to ableton via overbridge. The Kick lancet and Korg is recorded through another soundcsrd (scarlett). When i play it bsck ehen ive recorded it the tracks recorded from the soundcard are out of sync.

Any suggestions??

Not an OB user but I’m guessing its because you’re using two different routes into and out of the computer. The Scarlett must process the audio in and out as would any interface. If OB is getting the audio in and out quicker than the Scarlett there will be difference/lack of sync. Could be wrong tho…

2 Likes

When i start recording from ableton, everything starts in sync. The thing is that the first kick on the downbeat is cut in half like the soundcard dosent react fast enough. Maybe i could delay the dignal??

Yeah it’s two different sources to record in, overbridge will be slightly different.
There should be options in your daw to make it a bit better.
In ableton try changing the delay compensation off or on or reduced when monitoring in options up the top, not sure about other daws or you might just have to manually move it after recording

Thats the thing im trying to avoid. Having to move the tracks afterwards :wink:

Also have this issue.
Gave up trying after a few days of scratching my head.

I just move the tracks afterwards. In Logic you can use smart snap which seems to mostly get it in the right place.

Hmm maybe if i route out the tracks from overbridge and record them separatly in through the soundcard? Gonna try and write how it works!