Analog Heat MKI/MKII 1.20

Samplr- last updated 4 years ago

1 Like

I kind of agree with you, which is why I nowadays use only Gadget (with all addons though)

New sound sculpting features!!! Nice! Oh, it’s only usb connectivity stuff? :frowning:

Yes if you only use Gadget, it makes sense.

but it works perfectly at least on ios12

latency was cut in half, compared to the old overbridge mode. I now get a 8 ms roundtrip on a macbook with a 64 sample buffer (48 khz only supported), which is as good as any other usb compliant audio device. with overbridge it was 16 to 20 ms. So I hope this will be implemented in the other elektron models too.

15 Likes

its update now :slight_smile:
the author was hired by apple so he did not have time

perhaps you use a bad interface if you think the sound is thin
I mainly use ipad on stage
try audiokit synth one, its free

1 Like

check manual, its updated

oh great ! if i knew it was already updated, i wouldn’t have bothered you. sorry, thnx

interesting - i have a total different view. To me some o the ios softsynths are sounding really good and fat. even more if i put them through a AH.
Regarding not updated apps: that happened to me as well. But not so often. i tend to buy from “known and prestigious devs” to TRY to avoid that.

1 Like

@Castor

Maybe we could have class compliant USB audio stereo in/out + USB MIDI for Digitakt and even USB Mass storage mode to transfer samples and do a full backup so we are not dependent on drivers and proprietary software, that would be nice in addition to having full Overbridge with DAW plugins that can only be achieved with drivers, plugins and Transfer software, having both options would be great!

5 Likes

ohhh yes !

• No need for drivers. Just plug it in and it works.
  • Allows it to be used with any device that supports USB Class Compliant audio. This means iPhone, iPad, most Android devices, any Linux computer, hell even your PS4!
5 Likes

PS4 into AH = The neighbors will love you whenever you launch a game title with boombastic FX :smile:

14 Likes

This is so awesome! Since the meltdown of my Macbook I’ve been looking for a way to directly record stuff into Linux and was already thinking about a class compliant audio interface. I also bought a really cheap AH mk1 to process my master chain 2 weeks ago and now it’s also my class compliant audio interface. That plus the option to give digitally sounding synths from the ipad a warm character is simply amazing. Also, if you think about it, making it class compliant is not a very smart move from a marketing perspective if you want to sell overhubs and want people to use overbridge. Besides that, as you can see in this thread, to most people who haven’t bought it already this is not a feature that would dramatically change their opinion whether or not to buy the unit. I see it mainly as a service for the community and that’s great :+1:

6 Likes

The MIDI through is just for the DIN MIDI port, not USB.

1 Like

Forgive me for my naivety but to get an ipad pro into the heat - would I connect Ipad usb-c to the AH USB and monitor through the AH?
How would one go about connecting a Playstation?
Look forward to trying it out!

Thanks for this update!
Was wondering if there is now a way you can record your movements to a daw (Logic in this case) using latch/touch?
it records the automation if you simply move knobs with your mouse on the plugin but still not with the hardware itself…

Tested all working smothly on my ipad. Great update.

1 Like

Good evening,
The usb becomes with 1.20 as an audio channel but what about the inputs (L and R) Audio in.
Can the AH take the signal of both?
In and Usb ??

…Like two audio in channels !