Analog Heat MKI/MKII 1.20

Yes, you either plug into the USB C, or for older lightening-based iPad / iPhone devices, I believe you use the Apple camera connector kit, and then plug any class compliant USB device into it. You may need to tell the iPad to use the Heat as the default input/output instead of the normal iPad mic and output.

I haven’t done that with my Heat yet, but I have plugged a powered USB port into the camera kit where my iPhone is the host to use my Novation Impulse as a keyboard with various synth apps (since my keyboard is powered via USB, I had to use a powered hub as my phone can’t provide enough power for the keyboard by itself – as the Heat is self-powered by a plug, it won’t need the intermediate USB hub).

1 Like

Does anybody know if I can use the Analog Heat as my sound card on my desktop computer and run the audio from iOS at the same time? I haven’t update yet but I am curious about the new routing options.

just wanted to drop a note here that the update works great with my iphone xs into AUM using the “lightning to usb 3 camera adapter”

just a heads up, you do have to go into SETTINGS, select SYSTEM, select USB CONFIG, then put the check mark in the box for “USB AUDIO/MIDI”

i was able to sequence the digitone through my yamaha MD-BT01 bluetooth midi adapter and record the audio processed by analog heat all with my iphone. it was a good day and makes my setup so much smaller.

9 Likes

what? Iam having minimal latency with a raspberry pi 3 down to 4ms/128buffer when using the OP-Z as class compliant soundcard. btw. that’s the best setting with the OP-Z in pure data running Organelle patches.

:innocent:

Works ok for me, for some reason it works for while ( I dunno 2-3 mins) then the USB audio fades out, once I restart the AH it comes back instantly… too early to tell what’s going on… might be how I have input selecting to Auto. Not sure how that works, guess I have RtFM.

Great update though, audio routing is exactly awesome! Very useful update, thanks Elektron!

Also wondering if the headphone out can be setup as a separate stereo channel?

Would be useful, physically it’s a 2in - 4 out device.

1 Like

The headphone output is the same analog audio mix as the main out, they separate after the volume pot to go to individual output amplifiers. So, unfortunately it is not possible to get another track out through the headphones output. Would have been a cool thing to have though.

10 Likes

same here. works fine with my ipad 2018 but after 5 minute audio dissapears. have to unplug and plug in again the usb cable. so … not very reliable …

Is this happening after the host device (computer/iPad) goes to sleep?

1 Like

no, out of the blue while playing

So, I got my AH mk1 running on linux with audacity yesterday without any issues (except for the transfer of the update for which I borrowed a macbook in the end). Somehow the output volume is a bit low (about half of maximum), but this might be a settings issue in audacity (not very familiar with the software).

1 Like

Have you checked Settings -> Audio Routing -> FX to USB in the AH? You can boost the signal up to 30dB.

3 Likes

Thanks! That might fix the issue.

2 Likes

Thanks Elektron update, the GAS is back :cool:

New recruit ? :okej:

1 Like

Same, using an iPad Pro 2018, USB C dongle. iOS 13 (latest I believe)

iPad active and awake, was using AUM whe I first noticed it. Then I used TS-11 standalone and same thing; drops USB audio, fixed immediately with an AH restart.

Haha not really :content: Was hired almost two and a half years back. Haven’t been active here with an official user until now though.
It’s not much on elektronauts I can help with though, since I mostly deal with the hardware, and people usually talk about workflow and features. But from time to time if I have some spare time I might chime in, especially for things hardware related :ecstatic:

19 Likes

Interesting, we have been using the same setup for hours. I’ll send you a PM if you are ok with me bugging you for details?

4 Likes

Sure no problem, I’m a bit busy (3 kids) so I might be slow to respond at times. Thanks for looking into this. I really like the update in general, works perfectly in my setup.

1 Like

Haha I was just teasing :slight_smile:

2 Likes