Analog Heat MKI/MKII 1.20

I don’t know why but I’m not getting audio drop outs and persistent audio glitches (tonal buzz) when using it with my iPad. Extremely frustrating TBH.

EDIT: still getting drop-outs, but the tonal buzz seems to be coming from an app (AUFX:Push when using the key input for Sidechaining)

nope - the USB midi bus is isolated from the DIN bus on all Elektrons, you can only get MIDI thru from the DIN MIDI arriving at a device’s In port

1 Like

Dang, so close!

Hmmm… no I have to think how best to set up my chain. I window if I can Blue tooth midi out of my thru port…?

Time to play around with it.

Thanks for the confirmation!

I was getting that as well (havent tried it again for awhile, but I imagine I still have the same issue.)

What iPad are you using? I am using a 2018 iPad Pro, with the USB C port.

regular iPad 2018 here - with lightning port… it’s a shame because it was working great with another setup I had been using lately - but it seems to be AH related, since rebooting it fixes it - I have no idea what could’ve changed…

I edited the post - still getting drop-outs, but the tonal buzz seems to be coming from an app (AUFX:Push when using the key input for sidechaining)

Hey folks, i m in need of an extra usb audio interface for a project soon. Just need stereo out from Ableton and Resolume on Windows. Heat mk1 with 1.20 OS seems to work nicely with Ableton. Haven t tried Resolume yet. Ableton gives me DX and Wave driver choices. I guess DX is the better option. Is that right?

mine doesnt work with old, but also not with new ipad. audio drop outs within minutes, all the time :frowning:

presumably you reported this on a support ticket, what was the general response ? … did you test the class compliant mode when the ipad is doing a more basic task, maybe just itunes playback etc - curious how the experience of class compliant audio compares on a desktop machine

either way it’s the kind of feedback when submitting support tickets that’ll help get to the bottom of the issue

Check your version of iOS and make sure it’s updated. It’s more often than not the issue.

the feedback is that this is not only a heat problem, but an experience I have with elektron stuff the last 2 years. sticky buttons, crashing os, burning screen, not workingh overbridge, wrong colors leds, and now an update of heat being class complient but not working (again). This is not an incident, or a bug in a machine. THis is a pattern and a bug in the organisation.

1 Like

So i might be disappointed again about not working iPad connection… this Heat sounds so good after my A4. No way i will send it back!