Analog Heat

That’s kind of a relief for me, in that I don’t really thing this one is a must-buy for my set-up.

Phew!

1 Like

The HEAT will be fully yours

In my mind, it’s like Elektron just released the Qu Pac or a second OT for my set up <3

3 Likes

When I first read the specs I (wrongly I think) thought it was going to process 8 individual stereo tracks from the DAW with analog distortion, and that the EQ and Filter could be applied either as a master effect to all 8 or to any one of the stereo channels.

This might or might not sound like a logical piece of equipment, that was just my first reaction to the blurb.

You, my friend, have been waiting so patiently! Hahahah.:grinning:

3 Likes

I like it. iPad app is fine, even when I really really normally prefer using my hardware without iPad. So many fx and settings that it’s perhaps a bit too much to begin with. You can set the pedal mode to synth, which then alters the settings to be more suitable to be used for non-guitar uses.

I’m actually having two (when you buy one expencive maxed out, then you can buy one basic model and use all fx) and feeding them signals from my mixer. Reverbs and delays are excellent, haven’t used pitch shift modes much yet. This Heat saturation sounds much better though than with H9.

1 Like

oh yeah Ryan, just was thinking about you :tada:

2 Likes

A manual would be nice at this point. If we can freely route the eq, filter and dist in any order, it would add a lot more flexibility.

Still, I se this costing 499€, not 699€ - Either there is something way cool planned as a future update, or elektron is afraid of pricing this like the competitors would

EDIT: Blimey, it was 799, not 699…

1 Like

I still maintained that I couldn’t imagine anything more fulfilling than the equipment I already have(except for a use for a MD which I ordered, and a Micro granny which I’m trying to swing)

I wanted Elektron to surpass my imagination. They didn’t, but this was a smart move for them, and the Qu Pac will be REALLY cool!

maybe so, by the new H9 SCULPT algo offers way more flexible saturation options. And a H9 MAX costs almost the same as this!

EDIT: H9 Max is 100€ cheaper than the Heat

1 Like

Puh… the demos sound really fat… i wonder about the quality of the analog EQ (which to me feels like tons more interesting than the drive, which is kind of a special interest thing… :-))… still would love to hear the heat on my fender bass :-))

at all… nice sound, cool design… first impression is: its worth that price… but not interesting to me, sadly… i can do things like this on my modular already (and i never do :-))… so maybe i care more about thinking of buying an A4 :-))

but hey, future punks… this is your box…

To me, something like the Vermona Retroverb (Spring Reverb/Filter/Env/Drive) in stereo and with patch memories and Overbridge would have made more sense. But this is cool. Or warm. Not as “hands-on” and “live-tweakable” as I would have hoped for though.

3 Likes

The real tragedy here was that it was a Wednesday, not a Friday.

Too bad, @Cosmic :neutral_face:

11 Likes

Ya too bad still got my post in though

1 Like

this board needs a slick “mass search & replace” function :diddly:

1 Like

I am sure, when I have it I will never sell it, like the other stuff I got from Elektron. Too bad I am on a budget right now as other things have priority first :persevere:

1 Like

…it’s nice for an analog gear setup. however seems quite expensive for a stereo processor.
If daw is involved (overbridge), i don’t think it will replace any of my Soundtoys plugins, which are less expensive and still providing an incredible amount of heat, in addition to an extended versatility…

If this box could also work as 2 mono processors, each with it’s own dist/flt/eq, would make a bit more sense. One could use this to process kick and snare for a livegig for example

4 Likes

Looks pretty good to me. Will most likely buy.

I am so glad about the Analog Heat.
It will leave me with some money for a few Rossum Electro modules.