Analog Heat

This box is not for me, but the interactive demo thingy is genius. Everyone should do this.

11 Likes

Yes!!

5 Likes

At the price, youā€™d expect that it would.

1 Like

We donā€™t even know what they have in mind with future OS implementations!

Wait, but what was the meaning of the beat boxer?!

4 Likes

We donā€™t know if the ā€œbefore longā€ vid was even related to the Heat

3 Likes

Most of the sounds fit the unit.

Is this 800$ box the official fix for the analog Rytm external input weakness? :wink:

7 Likes

hmm, many beatboxers rely on compression for giving more oomph to the boxing. Perhaps one of the distortion modes also induce some form of dynamic compression?

1 Like

distortion is just an extreme form of compression

1 Like

the OTO filter sounds much better than the elektron one to my ears. but different distortion circuits: digital vs analog

1 Like

How do elekton converters compare to the competion? Thinking of retiring my ageing saffire pro soon - which on paper could justify the purchase of this

I could see liking this. I enjoy saturation/distortion for everything from destruction to defining (I like using it to bring out the highs), especially analog. I would have to hear it in person. As it stands now, I have so many units (Rat, DECO, M32 Filter) and plugins (Decapitator, SDRR) that I can hold off. Iā€™ll wait for the BOUM and put this and the H9 (really?..SCULPT is good??), maybe an FB2 or some nice pres all up against one another.

Though for someone who has never considered saturation/distortion as a mixing element or one who doesnā€™t have anything geared for these things, I think the Heat is a very solid package.

Not always - for example, fuzz distortion is more about overdriven busted amps

the only reason iā€™m not drooling is because i have a Biscuit and akai/ vermona filters, otherwise i would be all over this probably

2 Likes

Potentiometers = :+1:

1 Like

So the long wait is finally over, Congrats :3lektron:!!! Nice looking little box there. :thus:

1 Like

I donā€™t have one ā€¦ i was thinking about the Sherman, some DIY-solutions or a pedal. And by the way i can boost my Blofeld with it.

1 Like

Looks/sounds interesting, though I remain sceptical. I wonder how the saturation compares to the Strymon Deco. Love the interactive demo btw.

Itā€™ll be over a thousand bucks in AUD