Analog Rytm & Analog Four. Transformed

Now I’m crushed :sob:
I really have to down size

lmao this killed me. so real.

as a day-one hater of the initial MKII look, i’m ecstatic that they answered my prayers, but also in a weird way this just makes me more annoyed that they didn’t make them black in the first place lol

2 Likes

Agreed. Lets focus on the next gen units :smiley:

White (but not bright white) leds behind most buttons, instead of bright red.

Also looks like metronome/tempo is a cool blue.

2 Likes

+1 for new innovation rather than trying to use Apple marketing tactics.

2 Likes

First, they need money. Designing and building a new High End device isn’t free. Especially these days when Everything is more expensive.

Funny it looks like naming ‘Elektron’ is going to be more like the symbol :3lektron:
Just like Apple did :smiley:

I do wish that Elektron would add CV outs/inputs and control to the Rytm like they did on the A4. Would be sweet to use with modular gear instead of having to feed to separate input on my external mixer.

Anyone else a little bit confused by this? The theory is that it’s an attempt distinguish their high-end models (black) from their entry-level models (grey), but if that’s the case then why not make this change when the mk2s were released the first time? Same with the function labels that now match the model series. Elektron has made inconsistent design decisions with every new machine, which is not inherently bad, but this colour change seems to indicate that they’re uncomfortable with that inconsistency.

Honestly, they’re coming across as a company who can’t make their mind up.

1 Like

I reckon these look awesome. I would have gone for the black if it was a choice when I got my ARMKII.

This may be an excuse to get a matching grey A4MKII if someone offloads a second hand one…

Wow. That isn’t nice. Would much prefer red for operations in dark environments.
Less retinal burn-in.
Anyway, if the price is right for us :australia: 's here, I think I’ll take it, and get rid of a few things.

What are the chances of that :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Thats why they’re dim:

2 Likes

lmao they’re all RGB LEDs backlighting the buttons. it takes nothing more than a firmware update to change the palette.

I was shocked when I first booted into test mode and hit the first few trigs…

6 Likes

no arguments on this from me! I’m just answering questions here.

1 Like

I know right! A4s are selling at most retailers for around AUD 3100!

I think many retailers restocked around the beginning of peak coronavirus when the AUD was really low, and don’t want to take a loss by adjusting the prices back to a better exchange rate.

2 Likes

It would’ve been so sick to use SSI2140 filters on these versions instead. I still want the black A4 MKII though.

What’s this about filters :open_mouth: ?

Did they procure a bunch of them or something?

1 Like

I said “would’ve.”

Wow, these look amazing - well done elektron.

Is it just my heightened senses in lock-down, ha, or the new demos/sound design, but is the Analog Rytm mk2 black sounding… really 3d and super-duper-analog?

any thoughts?