Analog Rytm & Analog Four. Transformed

^ so they could go back to black

1 Like

I just had a listen of these and the analog is much warmer on them than MKI and gray MKIIs.

5 Likes

Considering my growing collection of AS-1’s, it may be time consolidate.
Did they ever add retrig to the mk2 A4?

Ah that’s better. Black elektrons. Balance has been restored.
Sooner or later they will acknowledge there are 2 colours for elektron machines. Black. Or Silver.

4 Likes

I don’t mind the color, 83% of the time my eyes are closed when I make music.

4 Likes

I doubt there will be a new OT

Honestly, as someone who owns both mk2s in grey, this has really annoyed me.

I do prefer the black, and am desperate for backlights that are way more chilled than the technicolour current setup - but I can’t afford to sell and get new ones, and doubt there is an update path. If it had new functions, fair enough, but actually I think this is just a bit cheeky.

The secondhand values of my kit have now dropped, no doubt. It’s kinda rude.

Imagine if they release the OT in black now. The Dark Trinity is back with a bang!

2 Likes

They are exactly the same just in a different colour…

1 Like

All they have to do is put the analogs back in the smaller rectangular cases and all shall be well.

I love marketing sometimes.

" eye catching new aesthetic " = er… its black.

2 Likes

It’s funny that everytime Elektron release a News, the conversation leans towards the OT.

9 Likes

I’m not sure you can get the new backlighting colours on older machines

what backlighting colour changes are there?
I can’t see a difference

2 Likes

Entry Level: Model Lineup

Mid Range: Digi Lineup

High Range: Analog Lineup + octa — this is where they started with the Machine Lineup

So for those on High range, there really has not really been an instrument since AR, we can squezze the Digitone.

So yes a bit bummed on a color change

DN mute states will be the death of me :sob:

1 Like

I just catched what you meant about the logo. This picture wasn’t intended to imitate the Black AR but a rich mean colour in between the 2 AR MKII. I did the picture modification this summer to practice my photo mod skills. Am I from the future?

2 Likes

Really? Is there a side by side video you can point to?

I’m super keen to size down big time, and would love to settle on an A4 plus AR/OB-6/P6.
If the new A4 can do better against the AS-1’s in the bass line department, I’m sold. All I know is, my AK is in storage because it’s weaker than the AS-1’s.

It’s not impossible that Elektron will sell the black enclosures separately to current owners of the gray machines. I would encourage you to at least send an e-mail to them and ask about this.

I’m worried about the finger prints.

Grey : 1
Black : 0

3 Likes

That was my (lame) attempt at humor.

3 Likes