Analog Rytm & Analog Four. Transformed

Thats good to know.I’m on the brink of ordering…

Altho If the grey ones had some issues I would have thought Elektron would have tried to manage that (maybe not stating it because that would be admission that something was wrong)

Do it, do it, do it. It’s probably my favourite Elektron. (Had OT Mk1 and 2, DT, DN, AK, M:C and M:S - damn that’s depressing that it took me so long to find THE ONE hahahaha)

4 Likes

Great…i ve had a few myself.The sampling has pushed me over the edge.But an empty sampler is just too much work to get going,i like to have a drum/synth engine ready.I will report back probs sometime next week ]

1 Like

I’m watching this thread closely. My Mk 2 in grey has got the dreaded pad issues. In mute mode hitting one pad (or even touching it as gently as poss) affects adjacent pads. The unit was fine for over 12 months before it started acting up. I do hope they’ve managed to sort it on the black ones but I guess time will tell. Still a fantastic drum machine but not impressed with the pad situation.

1 Like

did they say they will fix the pads for you?

1 Like

I’ve not been in touch with them. I’m prob out of warranty now. Too much messing about having to ship it to Sweden too. (At my expense)

While I’ve always loved black since I was a kid, I’ve also grown tired of it over the last few years, that everything has to be black (sells better).
Especially for music gear, I find it harder on the eyes when trying to read stuff.

I have OT mk1 and AR mk1, but I’ve owned both in grey mk2. I prefer the grey. Easier on the eyes, and also gives me associations to concrete and dust, and therefore something more industrial, which I’m more into.
I actually prefer the bigger AR mk2. There’s more space between things and it’s just more relaxing to work with. I don’t mind that the grey OT mk2 is a darker shade, because together with the regular shaped case, it gives some contrast to the bright grey AR mk2, which also has a different shape on the back and sides and has an angle.
I sold both because I needed money, but couldn’t justify the high prices for what they do, so got the mk1’s instead when time came.

But black is still better than white, because white is too bright and clean looking. Bright grey or oldschool beige is better :slight_smile:

I want sure which topic to stick this question in, hopefully here is fine, ha.

Why do used prices for grey AR mk2 units go for 2-300 less than the black ones? Just because they are older? Functionality and build are exactly the same, right?

I was just about to pull the trigger on a demo unit in black from sweetwater that comes with warranty, but I checked used prices on reverb and I can pick up a used grey one for 400 less. Would having 2-year warranty be worth an extra 400?
Thanks in advance for any input.

It’s just an aesthetic thing, right? People really prefer the look of the black boxes.

1 Like

Not all of them, the gray dress is splendid.
At first I preferred the black ones when they came out, but with hindsight…
The gray versions are not from Sweden (the first series) and the black ones from Poland?
For 400€ less the gray direct (depending on the state) and in fact for me at the same price, the gray too.

2 Likes

I definitely prefer the Gray box look. I wish they would have kept it as an option.

Grey is hot, and more unique in the world of synthesizers :content:

1 Like