Analog Rytm & Analog Four. Transformed

Yes, sorry and thanks you are absolutely right. I can‘t even remember if I asked officially via mail some years ago. I think not.
( submitted a request some days ago)
I asked some offials here in threads, nothing.
From the dear poor elektronauts i annoyed it seems for the majority it is not a problem, and learning by doing is advice.
Thats what makes it feel kafkaesque to me, the massive sequencer with chains and pattern autosave are to me like contrary magnets…

Save project and you can go away and come back there, yes .
Copy paste pattern has nothing to do with my feeling of fragility
I can go away then, but not where I want, without worries or concentration. Cant jump around patterns and kits and plocks without messing up and then reload whole project ( if i didnt copy that also).

If thats also not a big deal for you, no general insecurity, and if its not old stuff:
If you are on a pattern that you didnt copy and want to save:
( kit reload chng marked)
Copy pattern
Reload pattern
Go to empty pattern, paste pattern
Save kit on next slot with new name
Save pattern ( not too fast everything)

Finger acrobats can do it even on the fly i think, success not guraranteed.

I dont know if disable pattern autosave is also possible on tr8s.
If so ( more complex than tr8) elektron should do a show me yours, I show you mine with roland. (My microtiming for your p autosave on and off)

Edit: I found the reference manual for tr8s
If I interpret it correctly, there one can save a pattern with a kit together with a key combination . Then that double-thing is owerwrite protected. Quite clever. I personaly would still prefer a simple save or save as like on the good old korg er-1

I do agree, it’s difficult to talk about because there are various issues and everyone comes from a different angle.

Reload Pattern on Chg would be great.

Lock Project could help? It doesn’t solve your issue on an individual level but perhaps it does on a global level.

I found this old thread - Thoughts on how write protect works - which discusses your same issue

The only thing I could suggest is have two patterns with the same pattern - one is for return to normal, the other one you jam and tweak. ie same pattern on A1 and A2 -> don’t jam on A1, only jam on A2

still, i can dig how this may not help, as probably you want to then tweak A1 :laughing: but i guess u need to create as many copies of that pattern as you expect to jam on

a part of me think analogs may have seen their last update, but you never know, might as well hassle and submit it. who knows another update could add the option

apologies mods this is all a bit off topic

2 Likes

Still, look how many color iterations the Arp Odyssey went through. If designers’ first choices were always the best for everyone, we’d never get to enjoy the nuances of contrast.

I live in a deliberately cold-hued gray condo with white trim, silver hardware and dark walnut floors, so the gray AR actually works best for that decor. But I can see why someone else would fiend for the black version, esp. if they owned all those black Moogs.

Quoth Riuozami:

A4 mk2 . . . is on eBay and reverb at a good second hand price( £800-900).

Actually there are tons of A4mk2 used and nearly new. . . .

Thanks for the tip! Analog polyphony likely will be my next investment.

Really nice progression in that vid, even if it is only three chords.

2 Likes

I too agree, and find that although ideas sprout quickly on the DT; I reach a ceiling of possibilities quickly and want some AR scenes and performance options to add spice…though the AR takes a little more consideration, I run out of ideas before I hit a ceiling with possibilities…

1 Like

I think they got the balance just right with the analogs with features…
not over complicated or too simple… the kits & scenes perfs, sequencer modes, trig modes etc are all awesome features

3 Likes

It’s simply the best instrument I’ve ever played but I’m a drum fanatic, I’m going wild with the Tabla sound pack, but I happen to be a huge TOOL fan and Danny Carey uses tablas quite often.

This is the instrument I’ve dreamed of and the last Elektron box I tried out save for legacy gear. With the Digitakt and my other synths, my music has never progressed so quickly (and I mean within a couple of weeks even after a year of production with gear). I’m “new” to electronic production, still learning the ropes as a classically trained musician, and nothing had started clicking for me until I got the Rytm. It’s the glue behind the track. The closest I got was the Synthstrom Deluge but I didn’t care for the sound nor interface, however the entire unit had the glued together feel the Rytm provides my music currently.

Every single pattern can have ITS OWN kit! That’s just bonkers to me. It is a true analog drum computer with a streamlined interface, and the perfect balance between limitations and exploration. Analog synth, sampler, innovative “machines” per part, the “sync brain” of my setup with its song mode…

I have owned two Octatracks, and I still prefer the Rytm + Digitakt combo. Utilizing my Summit requires hefty MIDI and the Digitakt provides in all aspects relative to what I need.

The Rytm is finally something with a never ending honey moon phase.

Color aside, the black does look so sleek with my Summit and Moog semi-modular gear, and then the Moog Matriarch as a dark edition I will have to snag. I’m not a black purist, but I do have that classic OCD where I’d prefer everything to match rather than look like Lucky Charms poo.

5 Likes

moog did same thing😄

3 Likes

I’m about to jump in on a RYTM after owning DT and DN. I still own those, interested to see how you incorporate DT + RYTM as I was kind of wondering what the poor DT will be doing once I have a RYTM :slight_smile:

1 Like

DT still relevant with the AR for me…more single cycle waveforms now and no drums now, just gitchy stutters, samples of cool single shot percussion from the DN, vocal snippets, and sample from my modular…now the AR is on drum duties the DT has had a makeover of the samples and I’m using it more creatively as it’s not laying the foundation of tracks…

3 Likes

I use it to handle “aux” percussion so far like tambourines and stuff (8 more drum voices if needed!), but mainly I use it for whatever the heck I please!

From a bass line, to a vocal sample, to atmospheric sound effects.

When I get an Elektron box I often get a sound pack or two and dissect a couple of their patterns, then I also have samples and sounds that aren’t stock to mess with.

1 Like

good news all! I don’t care about the underlines since I had her… This is a super fun setup btw I’m elektron complete. Feels good.

12 Likes

Definitely. Underlines are a non-issue. It makes sense as soon as you have one in front of you. Absolutely love the whole design.

3 Likes

Hello friends! Sorry for the strange question. But it matters to me. The new black analogs have the same black color as the digitone-takt. Or there are a minor differences in black?

Minor differences. The Analogs are shinier, Digis slightly rougher in texture and matte in colour.

2 Likes

Thank you mate :pray:

1 Like

I read somewhere they sorted out the problems with the pads with these black ones.Which would be expected.Thinking of splashing out on one now.I like the sound and feel of the samples on the octatrack and was wondering if the RYTM would be similar.Apart from the time stretching of course.

Either this or the Alpha base…]]

As far as I’m aware, they are exactly the same as the grey Mk2 pads.

2 Likes

So they gonna have the same problems?Saw in another thread there seems to be quite a few instances.That would be a deal breaker for me.

I’ve never had a Mk1 or grey Mk2, but my black Mk2 works perfectly and the velocity sensitivity is just about right. No problems whatsoever.

1 Like