Analog Rytm & Analog Four. Transformed

This is verrrry tempting. Good thing I’m broke i guess :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I love my Sirin.

1 Like

in the dark, underline or not, color or not, this won’t be any better, that’s objective too haha.
So Digitone design choice is better imho!
If you have more than 3 people who noticed the underline text, you should ask yourself if your rational is that good

1 Like

In total contradiction to my inner goth I prefer the original austere grey livery.

4 Likes

I find it way clearer this way, especially for use in dim light.

The underlines themselves could probably have been a bit thinner though.

1 Like

Did you really think that … ?

Gotta be better than trolling these past couple of years ? Come on, lighten up … seriously

https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

5 Likes

Maybe looks less ‘busy’ in reality. :slight_smile:

I mean not everything translates well on photographs.

I can’t read the alt text on my DN in my typical evening room lighting. Especially when the button backlighting is SO VERY BRIGHT. :sunglasses:

indeed, thinner underlines could have been a good solution!

This is not objective. We’re getting pretty off topic here. But light grey text is easier (“better”) to read than blue text on a black surface in dimly lit settings.
This is a truth that cannot be changed. Contrast is a real thing that people experience. To what degree can certainly be debated, but the advantage of one over the other cannot.

I have explained why this is the case:

If you’d like to continue the conversation, please PM me. :peace_symbol:

1 Like

is an underline going to help you read out the letters in that conditions? (because I don’t think it will, at least for me!)

1 Like

Anyone have an idea of how long these things usually take to get into circulation?

I currently have a backordered Rytm purchase. The shipment was pushed back a few times but they said it should ship this Friday.

Do you think the blacks could be shipping already? (I prefer grey)

2 Likes

I totally agree on the light text.

I might be missing something, but I don’t understand your explanation for the underline.

I don’t understand what it indicates? Some functions (Save, Reload, uTime, etc.) are not underlined. What is the difference between them and other functions?

Elektron is not known for the “Behringer-Effect”. In the past shops in Germany had new products from Elektron available very soon after they had been announced.

1 Like

Secondary buttons that do not require the function button.
i.e KIT + NO = reload,
trig + right arrow = microtime adjustment.

1 Like

Good to know. I’ll probably have to settle in and accept the darkness Elektron and 2020 has thrown upon me. :black_heart:

1 Like

You’re talking colors when I’m noticing the underline. so yeah, sure the color scheme of this black version is good!
What is not good is this underline, too thick perhaps?
You can have a good rational but a bad implementation of your rational.
On the model series, there’s no parameters that need 2 lines, which is the case for the AR/A4 and this is where things get really bad.
Also the line is way more subtle on the model series (the color scheme is different).

So your explanation of why people noticed it is as good as any other string theories :wink:

1 Like

Got it, thanks

No, the higher contrast of the lighter colour helps you read the letters. The underline is there to distinguish what’s a primary function and what’s a [FUNC]/shift function. White or light grey text on dark background is optimum for legibility in any light condition. Under warm orange/yellow light, blue text on black disappears. Under green light, red text on black disappears. Etc.

Small, low contrast text is just a huge challenge for a lot of people. Also using colour alone to differentiate functions or communicate meaning is bad UX practice (UX designer here).

Another option would be to put the labels in brackets, eg [Assign] and have the button labelled [FUNC] to match.

4 Likes

REALLY NICE Elektron!

I wonder if the pads will be a little more forgiving?

Looks great! :+1:t6: :+1:t6: :+1:t6: